MIUI 9 7.8.24

Do you like this MIUI version?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OTA arrived on Mi5. However, after download and selecting install it ask me for a program in order to continue. I have to choose between Explorer, ES File Explorer, Settings...
I selected explorer, search on my filesystem and found .ZIP at root folder in sdcard. Selected and automatically rebooted into TWRP and installed new version.
So, it works but update program should open directly zip file and not ask for manually search. ;-)

Anyway, this is first OTA and this is a weelky release... hope it's solved in next one. :-D

Reactions: Adeolu
Ota update works, phone got a bit hot during download and flashing but result is great.

One question, did ota always download the ROM to the root of the internal storage?

Tapatalk@Mi-4c

OTA ok on my mi5. Thanks!!! Work fine (but Google voice output doesn't work again - not speaking answers)

Inviato dal mio MI 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Mi4c. Can any user of this device check if it's still possible to take pictures/movies with the screen off, by holding volume down, with this update? Thanks in advance.
Mi4c 3/32 here, updated to 7.8.24

If enabled in Settings-LockScreen, double press on volume down regularly starts the camera app.

If enabled in camera app settings, any press on volume keys regularly shoots a picture in camera app.

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk

Hello, mi4s, in the headset Mi Bluetooth very bad audibility of music at maximum volume, this refers to the assemblies 7.8.24 and 7.8.17

Mi5s updated via OTA. Everything fine, just be patient, takes some time to reboot . Like always have to reflash SuperSu if your phone had root

Probably due to encryption TWRP can't access to internal storage. You can remove data encryption by Format Data in TWRP. After that your issue should be resolved

That's right, I did Format Data, and rebot to TWRP, my computer don t recognize my phone when I connect it?

That's right, I did Format Data, and rebot to TWRP, my computer don t recognize my phone when I connect it?
After format data reboot to recovery needed for recognize PC. It has to work. If not then you need correct diver on PC.
While your are in TWRP recovery you can copy ROM.zip to phone internal storage.

Sent from my MI 5 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Thanks for this release ! All working great on RMN4x.

Envoyé de mon Redmi Note 4X en utilisant Tapatalk

hpmaof3e.png

Status for Redmi 4x (HM4X, santino):

- Installation: OK
- Startup: OK
- Data connection: OK
- GPS: OK
- Auto brightness: Seems OK
- Camera: OK
- Battery drain: Seems OK
- Google Play cert: OK
- Bluetooth (incl. car connection etc): OK
- Build mobile WLAN hotspot: not checked yet
- WLAN: OK
- All icons: OK
- Provider selection auto + manual: OK

Hi,

It is my first time here. I want to try EU rom but I am a little bit confused about TWRP installation. Can someone please explain step by step installation? When should I wipe something and what should I wipe? Which data will I lose while changing my rom, how can I install it cleanly etc..?

Thank you!

Hello everyone does anybody reports ino mi 5s plus that magisk is not working it is reporting a bug and on in favebool it gave me this pic can any one help me please

Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Mi4c 3/32 here, updated to 7.8.24

If enabled in Settings-LockScreen, double press on volume down regularly starts the camera app.

If enabled in camera app settings, any press on volume keys regularly shoots a picture in camera app.

Inviato dal mio Mi-4c utilizzando Tapatalk
Thank you. But the setting I was asking about isn't any of those. The one I'm asking about it's in "Buttons" > screen off > "Long press volume down". This option desapeared in a friend's Redmi Note 4 in the previous ROM. In ours it didn't. That's why I'm asking about this week's ROM.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.