Mi 5s Video Samples

Tomashix

Members
Jan 12, 2017
Hi!

I have my mi5s since a month now...

Even if i'm pretty disappointed by the photo camera (hdr photos ghosting, low light performance and focus issues)

Than the video performance is something I have never seen on a smartphone before!

Because of that i want to share raw footage without any corrections (no CC, no post stabilization etc) from my mi5s.

youtu be/VLUE8Yl9a1c

The footage was taken

• with open camera app
  • 80mbp/s bitrate (I know it's too much - you can see it in glitches at certain shots.. After some testing I found out this smartphone can make around 50mbps without problems)
  • WITHOUT digital stabilization (DIS makes your footage 1/2 the quality - it's not the strong side of this camera software)
  • 24fps
I have one question to all of you interested in android videography.. Do you know any app that can allow me to record in flat profile without contrast and saturation boost? The default profile for video is very nice, as you can see - but its very hard to grade footage that is already pre graded by smartphone record app.

I want all of You to post your video samples cause I think this sensor (even without best software handling as you can see in pixel) is the top shelf for video and everyone who wants to record something on their smartphones should definetely consider mi5s for half the price of pixel..

I never knew that the image is processed in videos. Nice to know, hope they implement more:
  • RAW with manual mode and selftimer
  • Manual mode with selftimer
  • Not after-edited video recording