New [Mi 8 - 8.7.26] All options are missing in the sub-menu

kimyeungg

Members
Nov 15, 2016
Screenshot_2018-07-28-22-47-28-904_com.miui.gallery.png

Mi 8 - MIUI 8.7.26
All options are missing in the sub-menu

Things i tried: clear cache in twrp, changing system language, changing another theme
But none of these work

The above photo is just an example, all options in the sub-menu as the photo shown are all missing.

Last edited:
I didn't find any similar sub-menus, only the gallery app. Where can I find them? I want to check if that's true for VINCE as well.

Last edited:
We know about the issue, you can stop repeating this - it won't make us fix it any faster as the project manager was away for the weekend and will only be able to address the issue tomorrow, at the very least.
You also don't need to show us all the apps where text is missing - all of those apps are using the same options dialog. It's not a per-app issue, it's a framwork issue.

We know about the issue, you can stop repeating this - it won't make us fix it any faster as the project manager was away for the weekend and will only be able to address the issue tomorrow, at the very least.
You also don't need to show us all the apps where text is missing - all of those apps are using the same options dialog. It's not a per-app issue, it's a framwork issue.
Of course we know so i never specify it is a gallery bug. I showed that screenshot (file explorer) just because someone is asking for it.
If you guys found the bug before me, why don't you guys just post a simple announcement? So your users will know it and won't make any report regarding to this.

What is the purpose of having a bug report section in the forum? It is used for reporting bugs that you guys haven't indicated yet.
Respect please.

Of course we know so i never specify it is a gallery bug. I showed that screenshot (file explorer) just because someone is asking for it.
If you guys found the bug before me, why don't you guys just post a simple announcement? So your users will know it and won't make any report regarding to this.

What is the purpose of having a bug report section in the forum? It is used for reporting bugs that you guys haven't indicated yet.
Respect please.
The same purpose that "Known issues" section serves.
https://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/8-7-26.45259/#post-431275

I saw a "last edited" on it.
So, did it get edited before my post? If yes, i apologize.
Yes, it was added yesterday, and I also added "7.x" today as we thought that it was limited to Oreo devices.
Either way, any confirmed issues will be immediately added to the Known issues list.

Same in the file explorer in mix 2s.
Screenshot_2018-07-30-09-14-06-048_com.android.fileexplorer.png

If I press the supposed buttons, they actually work but the text is missing.

CHANGELOG from 8.8.3 xiaomi.eu
Fix - Fixed missing menu text in MIUI apps

「小米手机8因排查相机偶现卡顿、停止运行的现象,为避免影响使用暂停公测发布」
from http://www.miui.com/thread-17144315-1-1.html

This sentence means "Mi8 8.8.3 is skipped by Chinese MIUI developer in this week due to the camera lag."

so i am really curious why can't you guys just release a fix version for mi8 8.7.26 and named it 8.7.26 v2?