Mi 8 AOD Themes?

Salahe

Members
Sep 22, 2018
As many of us might know by now.. We have the night mode implemented in the Xiaomi Mi 8. The Xiaomi Mi 9 offers ''AOD themes'' will we see this being implement into the Xiaomi line in special the Xiaomi Mi 8?

i've read that you can flash some new thems for the AOD ambiance. I've done that and it work fine wirth my MI8. The thing is that it seems that AOD has limited theme possibilty ! you can flash only one theme at the time ! Is there a way to have more choice ?

i've read that you can flash some new thems for the AOD ambiance. I've done that and it work fine wirth my MI8. The thing is that it seems that AOD has limited theme possibilty ! you can flash only one theme at the time ! Is there a way to have more choice ?

How and where did you do it?

Thank you! Are there more? There should be more as there is a limited theme of AOD on Xiaomi mi 8.

yes i have more,but like i explain, i couldn't find a way to flash them all and to use them all !

what i mean, is every aod i have, are working, but i could'nt figure out how to flash them all, so they can stay in the aod option, and not be replace by the other theme u're flashing ! if i make myself clear enough ! sorry for my limited english

what i mean, is every aod i have, are working, but i could'nt figure out how to flash them all, so they can stay in the aod option, and not be replace by the other theme u're flashing ! if i make myself clear enough ! sorry for my limited english

No problem! I get it, they should make a tray where you can scroll between more AOD themes. Now it will cut the other AOD theme of the other.. I don't have the solution.

Quick question: My AOD turns off after 15 min of no usage and the screen turns completely black. Is there any way to turn this of and to keep the AOD on without turning the screen to black after 15 min of no usage?

How and where did you do it?
what i mean, is every aod i have are working, but i could'nt figure out how to flash them all, so they can stay in the aod option, and not be replace by the other theme u're flashing ! if i make myself clear enough ! sorry for my limited english

Last edited by a moderator:
are there any new AOD styles to download ?

Mi9 has some new that look very good.

and does anyone know, how to get edge notifications work without factory reset the Mi8 ?

now where the mi9 roms are available,
has anyone managed to extract/convert the
aod styles that we can use them on Mi8?
(mi9 has other good looking styles)

is there a source if there were already available?

now where the mi9 roms are available,
has anyone managed to extract/convert the
aod styles that we can use them on Mi8?
(mi9 has other good looking styles)

is there a source if there were already available?

I'am on your side as i also want to know about these styles of ambient display and where to get them as in the Mi 9. No clue where to get them..

so, I managed to use some Mi9 AOD Styles on my Mi8.

What I did:

-extraced the Mi9 rom

AOD Files are stored in:
system\priv-app\MiuiSystemUI\MiuiSystemUI.apk\res\drawable-440dpi-v4
and
\system\priv-app\Settings\Settings.apk\res\drawable-440dpi-v4

- used the AOD update script from "Dimas Alam" (he did the Batman AOD theme)
and replaced the AOD files.

old_new.PNG

Download: Mi9 AOD for Mi8 (updated 12.04.2019)

Just flash the script via TWRP (0214 / 0401 needed at last)

(in the picture you can see what I did changed)

Last edited:
Awesome
Thanks it works for me
Mi8

Attachments

• Screenshot_2019-04-01-20-39-34-835_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2019-04-01-20-39-34-835_com.android.settings.png
    606.8 KB · Views: 1,431
Last edited:
Not working on Explorer, had to reflash whole Rom :(

Any chance you make a version for ursa?

Thx in advance!

Edit: Nevermind, I just read the script, it should work device independent but it doesn't, bad luck then

Sent from my MI 8 Explorer Edition using Tapatalk

Last edited:
yeah I took a look at it, , should work with any AOD device
(it just replaced the 10 png files)

Last edited:
so, I managed to use some Mi9 AOD Styles on my Mi8.

What I did:

-extraced the Mi9 rom

AOD Files are stored in:
system\priv-app\MiuiSystemUI\MiuiSystemUI.apk\res\drawable-440dpi-v4
and
\system\priv-app\Settings\Settings.apk\res\drawable-440dpi-v4

- used the AOD update script from "Dimas Alam" (he did the Batman AOD theme)
and replaced the AOD files.

View attachment 24085

Download: Mi9 AOD for Mi8

Just flash the script via TWRP

(in the picture you can see what I did changed)

Not work for me, i have a MI 8 too, flash the zip but when i come to AOD settings to change stay the same as before.

Last edited: