Invalid Mi 8 Lite Miui 12

Snacks

Members
Oct 3, 2020
Hello guys,

So I have used my phone over the years without problems. Always updated my phone to the latest update. Couple days/weeks ago I waited for the Miui 12 update to be released. Apparently the official global update was released but partly. Which means. I did not get the OTA update. But as im used to update by downloading packages, i looked up for the global update and downloaded it of this website. Im sure there this website won't place damaged files(atleast that is what i hope).

After i updated my phone, i noticed a bit of lag.. Dont know if its me.. But also the icons aren't what they are supposed to do. When i open the camera for example and go back. The icon gets big and just jumps back.. No smooth animation or anything.. Im also expiercing lag in switching windows.. Any connection between those problems? .. I have recorded a video of this.. Am i the only one? No, my phone is not rooted, if anyone wanted to ask.

Video :

Well. No one ever replied......... Not even tried to help. .. Anyway.. I just have a final question.. Im trying to reinstall the same firmware. But just from another website. The one that seems to have a connection with this website.. Now i have downloaded the rom. And it says i can install it.. But i just need to be sure there is no data loss.. Is reinstalling a firmware update the same as updating it? For instance. Updating WhatsApp with the same update will just reinstall it with the same version without loss of data.. Is this the same for miui?. Now before someone says make a backup.. That is not an answer..

Hello,

You are on xiaomi.eu community forum.

If you are not using xiaomi.eu ROM (= custom MIUI ROM), you posted your issue in the wrong forum so.

But if you want to install and try xiaomi.eu ROM, you need to "Format Data" in TWRP to be able to use it (when coming from Official ROM version).

;)

Oh f me. Im stupid. I never knew this was a modded version of miui.. Thought like a miui forum but.. Eh.. For European people.. Lol.. Anyway.. Maybe you can help with my question.. Im not planning on installing any modded firmwares.. I just updated the global version. But i ran into bugs.. And i seem to be the only one on the internet.. Now i wanna reinstall the same firmware. The exact same version number.. So no downgrade or upgrade.. This is all done over the normal miui ota app, not over the computer.. So i just wanna be sure i dont lose data if i reinstall the same firmware.