MI 8/MI 8 SE with xiaomi.eu ROM

zmajdk

Members
May 30, 2016
I have got my MI 8 SE last week and so far I am very impressed by this phone. I already have MI MIX 2 but I must admit that MI 8 SE is my favorite. MI 8 SE is much lighter, more comfortable to hold and it's equally fast. The only negativ thing for now is missing global ROM. I have been using XIAOMI.EU ROM on All my xiaomi phones and was really happy with it. Unfortunately xiaomi has new policy for unlocking bootloader, you have to wait for two weeks to be able to unlock bootloader even though you have permission to do it. I can see there are some people here trying to flash TWRP and custom ROM not being aware of risk to brick their phones.
However if there is anyone here who successfully flashed xiaomi.eu ROM with MIUI 10 version please submit first impression.

I am frequent flasher and used miui EU on several devices. Miui EU is in this stage not working with twrp for our SE.

It looks there's something wrong with it.

Sent from my MI 8 SE using Tapatalk

if it works, what you need to install the ROM, you have to do a Format Data from the TWRP

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-07-11-18-50-48-971_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2018-07-11-18-50-48-971_com.android.settings.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 4,191
Yes if you want it to work you need to format data. So it means you wipe you internal storage completely, so you need an Usb-otg storage or copy it to I ternal again using laptop

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 SE met Tapatalk

I thought that SE models were only interesting in Asian markets, EU roms might conflict with Asia communication bands.
That´s why i bought Mi8, The EE model has better AI and more memory but the Basic 8 is the more popular models specification wise.

Hi, nooby here, not even sure if I'm on the right post, but if someone could please advise me.
I have a xiaomi phone but now I'm thinking on updating to Mi8 SE. Can't seem to find a global version of the Mi8 SE and as I never used xiaomi.eu rom before, I'm kinda worried on buying it now. I found some sellers with a "multi-language" rom but don't really sure if it's the same as having a global rom.
Should I wait (I'm from Portugal btw) or should I buy this version now and, if needed, give a try to installing xiaomi.eu rom myself?

Hi, nooby here, not even sure if I'm on the right post, but if someone could please advise me.
I have a xiaomi phone but now I'm thinking on updating to Mi8 SE. Can't seem to find a global version of the Mi8 SE and as I never used xiaomi.eu rom before, I'm kinda worried on buying it now. I found some sellers with a "multi-language" rom but don't really sure if it's the same as having a global rom.
Should I wait (I'm from Portugal btw) or should I buy this version now and, if needed, give a try to installing xiaomi.eu rom myself?
Global rom is coming soon, probably at the end off juli.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn MI 8 SE met Tapatalk

Hi!!
I'm already on miui 10 8.7.5 on my mi 8 se. Should I update from the update app? I'm scared something may go wrong any I'll brieck my phone. I just bought it 3 days back. Need suggestions.

you have to wait for two weeks to be able to unlock bootloader even though you have permission to do it. <- where is the source?

Anyone knows whether mi8se will get a global ROM or not?
What is wrong with xiaomi.eu rom? It certainly will at some point, once the sale droppes in China I believe. Thing is that Xiaomi wants to sell it's services and apps too, in order to compensate the low phone price. That is not possible outside China.
This is only my speculation and might be nonsense.

Last edited: