MI 8 ROM Install Instructions...

• Thread starter Deleted member 210509
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 210509

I got couple of requests asking me to detail the steps required to flash the EU Stable ROM (10.0.6.0) on an unlocked phone with the global 10.0.2.0 ROM. These are the exact steps that I performed to flash the ROM.

NOTE: You will need to enable USB debugging under Developer Settings. When you connect the phone to the PC, it will prompt you in the phone to give access to adb and confirm the selection. Also, in your PC, you need to have adb tools installed.

Download the ROM, TWRP, Magisk, etc. to the current directory where you are going to issue the following commands:

Code:
[PC] adb reboot bootloader

[PC] fastboot devices (should list your device - if not, install Xiaomi USB Driver)

[PC] fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[PC] fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[TWRP] Wipe - Format Data (where you have to type "yes")

[TWRP] Wipe - Advanced Wipe - Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Internal Storage

[PC] adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-uninstaller-20180921.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-v17.2.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb shell ls -l /sdcard/  (should list all the files that you pushed it to the phone)

[TWRP] Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip

[TWRP] Install Magisk-v17.2.zip

[TWRP] Reboot to System

Enjoy :)

Hi really thx a lot for this info , only few questions when I can download adb fastboot? And TWRP working for my mi8? And this update compared with global is better ? Like for example not having ads and stuff in apps ? Thx again for your time. BTW I'm from Chile i think not having troubles using this rom .

Perfect thx for this, and where i can get a working magisk for use with my MI8? using root dont lost ota updates or somethig? i read EU rom you got playstore certified, instead of global.. again thx for the info

Hi, thx for all, i have workig update. Only few thing the micloud config screen stuff backup dont works, i receive a error when is try. Another thing i try to use adway, but hang in mi8. You have a working version of adway? thx

I got couple of requests asking me to detail the steps required to flash the EU Stable ROM (10.0.6.0) on an unlocked phone with the global 10.0.2.0 ROM. These are the exact steps that I performed to flash the ROM.

NOTE: You will need to enable USB debugging under Developer Settings. When you connect the phone to the PC, it will prompt you in the phone to give access to adb and confirm the selection. Also, in your PC, you need to have adb tools installed.

Download the ROM, TWRP, Magisk, etc. to the current directory where you are going to issue the following commands:

Code:

[PC] fastboot devices (should list your device - if not, install Xiaomi USB Driver)

[PC] adb push Magisk-uninstaller-20180921.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-v17.2.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb shell ls -l /sdcard/  (should list all the files that you pushed it to the phone)

[TWRP] Reboot to System

Enjoy :)

Hi. thanks for share.
Question: Is Magisk a must? I don't want to root my Mi 8, just to install eu rom. And I think as a warning for all to Back Up data before proceed to install.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tutorial. What is the security patch level for EU Stable ROM (10.0.6.0) because mine is still 2018.08.01 as it was on global 10.0.2.0 ROM?

Thank you for your instructions! I really enjoyed EU Stable ROM(10.0.6.0).Would you give me the instructions for updating the next stable ROM? As the data I know, Getting new ROM from Updator. Using TWRP to flash new ROM. My question is whether TWRP will be overwrited by new ROM recover or not. Furthermore do I need to update TWRP? Thank you very much.

Thank you for your instructions! I really enjoyed EU Stable ROM(10.0.6.0).Would you give me the instructions for updating the next stable ROM? As the data I know, Getting new ROM from Updator. Using TWRP to flash new ROM. My question is whether TWRP will be overwrited by new ROM recover or not. Furthermore do I need to update TWRP? Thank you very much.
No, you don't need to update TWRP for every ROM update. Sometimes, the ROM thread will tell you whether you need to update TWRP.

TWRP will not be overwritten if you are flashing the ROM in TWRP. I always update ROM or anything else in TWRP.

Reactions: bridgehou
Thanks for the tutorial. What is the security patch level for EU Stable ROM (10.0.6.0) because mine is still 2018.08.01 as it was on global 10.0.2.0 ROM?
Same security level as you mentioned... We have to wait for the update from Xiaomi and after that, EU developers will provide us the update. Patience :)

Hi mate. Will I lose all pictures, photos and data when updating from 10.0.2 to eu rom?
Yes, when you "Format Data", all the data is wiped out. Phone will be as you got it first time. That's why you need to "adb push" the files again to continue with the installation after formatting data.

Make a backup before you proceed.

There is OTA but it doesn't work consistently. I always download the file and flash it in TWRP along with Magisk, Notification Mod, etc.
Hi again but when i update again vía twrp i Lost all data again ? Thx

Enviado desde mi MI 8 mediante Tapatalk

Hi again but when i update again vía twrp i Lost all data again ?
No, only if you specifically wipe data or format data, your data will be wiped out. If you flash the ROM and wipe cache/dalvik, no problem. Data will be intact.

I have used your tutorial and I have updated my mi8.
But I have to say 3 three important things for the others.
- before you start the process you have to eliminate all the securities to enter to the telephone ( i mean face, fingerprint, etc)
- another not very important thing that I didn´t found in any tutorial is that apart from USB depuration when you connect the telefhone to the computer you will have to put down the upsidebar and at the bottom you have to mark in the telephone that you want to transfer data (at the the begining it was imposible to connect the telephone to the computer)
- Finally when everything was done the telefone ask me to introduce my mi account password, becouse I have created I mi account I it was connected to the telephone before the update, and I didn´t remembered that password (finally I could recover the password, put a wifi signal to the telephone and register the telephone to the mi account)

But I have to say that you have to do exactly the tutorial and you won´t have problems.

adb commands work like a charm ! Because i was unable to operate copy over MTP on twrp (dunno why). Thanks for the tip !

Reactions: 1289895656
Thanks for the guide.

Followed it and all went well, however my phone now is stuck on a boot loop.. not sure why :/
Worried I've missed something

Update: me just being impatient

Last edited:
Did you wipe cache/dalvik at the end of the installation in TWRP?
If not, you can do it in TWRP under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe
Then reboot to system

Hi,

I want to flash in the near future this ROM. I found this TWR. Could I use this also or have I to use the one from post 2 here in this thread?

If I use the instruction from post one is twrp installed temporally or fix?
I read that it is possible to do it only temporally, just this I want. Because I want to have OVA updates.

I only want to have the xiaomi.eu ROM on my phone without root (and Magisk). I come from Global MIUI 10 ROM (Miui 10.0.2.0)

Is this the right way (copy it from post one - without root)?

to look if ROM is on the phone, right?
[PC] adb shell ls -l /sdcard/ (should list all the files that you pushed it to the phone)
[TWRP] Reboot to System

This means clean install - like I'm gonna get a new phone?

Yes, I know this are a lot of questions but I don't want to brake my phone :)

Regards

Hi,

I want to flash in the near future this ROM. I found this TWR. Could I use this also or have I to use the one from post 2 here in this thread?

If I use the instruction from post one is twrp installed temporally or fix?
I read that it is possible to do it only temporally, just this I want. Because I want to have OVA updates.

I only want to have the xiaomi.eu ROM on my phone without root (and Magisk). I come from Global MIUI 10 ROM (Miui 10.0.2.0)

Is this the right way (copy it from post one - without root)?

to look if ROM is on the phone, right?
[PC] adb shell ls -l /sdcard/ (should list all the files that you pushed it to the phone)
[TWRP] Reboot to System

This means clean install - like I'm gonna get a new phone?

Yes, I know this are a lot of questions but I don't want to brake my phone :)

Regards

Hi
Basically is correct. Except the line with install Magisk because you said without root. And yes is like you get a new phone.

Reactions: tifflor
Thank you so much, i tried so many times to install the rom the usual way by just doing the wipes and installing and i got stuck at android screen. I followed this instructions and it went perfect

Reactions: Yurgh