MI 8 ROM Install Instructions...

Oct 5, 2018
I got couple of requests asking me to detail the steps required to flash the EU Stable ROM (10.0.6.0) on an unlocked phone with the global 10.0.2.0 ROM. These are the exact steps that I performed to flash the ROM.

NOTE: You will need to enable USB debugging under Developer Settings. When you connect the phone to the PC, it will prompt you in the phone to give access to adb and confirm the selection. Also, in your PC, you need to have adb tools installed.

Download the ROM, TWRP, Magisk, etc. to the current directory where you are going to issue the following commands:

Code:
[PC] adb reboot bootloader

[PC] fastboot devices (should list your device - if not, install Xiaomi USB Driver)

[PC] fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[PC] fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[TWRP] Wipe - Format Data (where you have to type "yes")

[TWRP] Wipe - Advanced Wipe - Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Internal Storage

[PC] adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-uninstaller-20180921.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-v17.2.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb shell ls -l /sdcard/  (should list all the files that you pushed it to the phone)

[TWRP] Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip

[TWRP] Install Magisk-v17.2.zip

[TWRP] Reboot to System
Enjoy :)

Oct 9, 2018
Hi really thx a lot for this info , only few questions when I can download adb fastboot? And TWRP working for my mi8? And this update compared with global is better ? Like for example not having ads and stuff in apps ? Thx again for your time. BTW I'm from Chile i think not having troubles using this rom .

Oct 5, 2018
Oct 9, 2018
Perfect thx for this, and where i can get a working magisk for use with my MI8? using root dont lost ota updates or somethig? i read EU rom you got playstore certified, instead of global.. again thx for the info

Oct 9, 2018
Hi, thx for all, i have workig update. Only few thing the micloud config screen stuff backup dont works, i receive a error when is try. Another thing i try to use adway, but hang in mi8. You have a working version of adway? thx

Oct 31, 2016
I got couple of requests asking me to detail the steps required to flash the EU Stable ROM (10.0.6.0) on an unlocked phone with the global 10.0.2.0 ROM. These are the exact steps that I performed to flash the ROM.

NOTE: You will need to enable USB debugging under Developer Settings. When you connect the phone to the PC, it will prompt you in the phone to give access to adb and confirm the selection. Also, in your PC, you need to have adb tools installed.

Download the ROM, TWRP, Magisk, etc. to the current directory where you are going to issue the following commands:

Code:
[PC] adb reboot bootloader

[PC] fastboot devices (should list your device - if not, install Xiaomi USB Driver)

[PC] fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[PC] fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[TWRP] Wipe - Format Data (where you have to type "yes")

[TWRP] Wipe - Advanced Wipe - Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Internal Storage

[PC] adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-uninstaller-20180921.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-v17.2.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb shell ls -l /sdcard/  (should list all the files that you pushed it to the phone)

[TWRP] Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip

[TWRP] Install Magisk-v17.2.zip

[TWRP] Reboot to System
Enjoy :)
Hi. thanks for share.
Question: Is Magisk a must? I don't want to root my Mi 8, just to install eu rom. And I think as a warning for all to Back Up data before proceed to install.

Last edited:
Oct 8, 2018
Thank you for your instructions! I really enjoyed EU Stable ROM(10.0.6.0).Would you give me the instructions for updating the next stable ROM? As the data I know, Getting new ROM from Updator. Using TWRP to flash new ROM. My question is whether TWRP will be overwrited by new ROM recover or not. Furthermore do I need to update TWRP? Thank you very much.