MI 8 ROM Install Instructions...

• Thread starter Deleted member 210509
  • Start date

Do I have to flash magisk every time there's a new update?
If yes, do I have to wipe data before flashing magisk?

I got couple of requests asking me to detail the steps required to flash the EU Stable ROM (10.0.6.0) on an unlocked phone with the global 10.0.2.0 ROM. These are the exact steps that I performed to flash the ROM.

NOTE: You will need to enable USB debugging under Developer Settings. When you connect the phone to the PC, it will prompt you in the phone to give access to adb and confirm the selection. Also, in your PC, you need to have adb tools installed.

Download the ROM, TWRP, Magisk, etc. to the current directory where you are going to issue the following commands:

Code:
[PC] adb reboot bootloader

[PC] fastboot devices (should list your device - if not, install Xiaomi USB Driver)

[PC] fastboot flash recovery recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[PC] fastboot boot recovery-TWRP-3.2.3-0918-XIAOMI8-CN-wzsx150.img

[TWRP] Wipe - Format Data (where you have to type "yes")

[TWRP] Wipe - Advanced Wipe - Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Internal Storage

[PC] adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-uninstaller-20180921.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb push Magisk-v17.2.zip /sdcard/

[PC] adb shell ls -l /sdcard/  (should list all the files that you pushed it to the phone)

[TWRP] Install xiaomi.eu_multi_MI8_V10.0.6.0.OEACNFH_v10-8.1.zip

[TWRP] Install Magisk-v17.2.zip

[TWRP] Reboot to System

Enjoy :)

this instructions should be on "MIUI ROM DOWLOADS" !!!
thanks a lot

Hi ! I'm new user and stay my mi 8 comes in 5 days. But I comes from oneplus and is more difficult for me on Xiaomi phones.

If I understand I had a mi account and stay my mi 8 for request the code for unlock it.
After with miunlock I unlock it on fastboot ! I'm a mac user and had Windows bootcamp and use it only for unlock it. But for flash twrp I prefer use terminal on mac is more simple for me. And when I had flash Twrp reboot to recovery and flash the xiaomi.eu Rom for mi 8 ? It's all right ?

But if I want to roll back to the global rom I can ? And I see on the download page the last Rom for xiaomi mi 8 "pie" are the anti roll back !? If I flash it I can't downgrad ? And can't roll back to stable too ?

Thanks. Sorry for questions I read a lot but don't understand.

[TWRP] Wipe - Advanced Wipe - Data, Cache, Dalvik Cache, Internal Storage

Why not wipe /System too?
We should be able to wipe previous rom's data on /system partition for a clean install. Why is that prevented?

Last edited:
Hi

Thanks for the step by step guide.
I have a mi8 lite with global 10.0.3 and i want to install the xiaomi.eu so is exactly what the is in this tread.

My concern is about "Force encryption disabler " because in some foruns some people say that after rom flash it is necessary to install "Force encryption disabler " .. a file named "DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip " but in your steps tou don't talk about this file.
It is really necessary ? What is this for ?

Thanks !

Hi

Thanks for the step by step guide.
I have a mi8 lite with global 10.0.3 and i want to install the xiaomi.eu so is exactly what the is in this tread.

My concern is about "Force encryption disabler " because in some foruns some people say that after rom flash it is necessary to install "Force encryption disabler " .. a file named "DisableForceEncryption_Treble.zip " but in your steps tou don't talk about this file.
It is really necessary ? What is this for ?

Thanks !
If you download the TWRP modified for Mi 8, I don't think it will be necessary.