Mi 8 SE stuck on Fastboot

kamelot

Members
Jan 17, 2013
So, after many sucessful flashes and recoveries and 5 Xiomi phones I had, I finally got to a situation I cannot solve.

My last working recovery was 1227. My last workig ROM was Xiaomi.eu 9.10.10

A few days ago I flash successfully TWRP 3.3.1, preparing for the new Android 10.

And today I flashed the new ROM. Now, the current situation is:

Device didn't boot. Stays stuck on Recovery logo. Flashed it 6 times with different China developer Fastboot versions. All goes okay. After that I flash 1227 recovery. Also OK.

After that I flash Xiaomi.eu 9.10.10

The device cannot boot, goes directly to Fasboot. No recovery, no MIUI.

I tried many different combinations of recoveries and ROM's. None worked. Always goes to recovery after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom.

Can somebody help? What is the problem? How do I recover my phone?

So, after many sucessful flashes and recoveries and 5 Xiomi phones I had, I finally got to a situation I cannot solve.

My last working recovery was 1227. My last workig ROM was Xiaomi.eu 9.10.10

A few days ago I flash successfully TWRP 3.3.1, preparing for the new Android 10.

And today I flashed the new ROM. Now, the current situation is:

Device didn't boot. Stays stuck on Recovery logo. Flashed it 6 times with different China developer Fastboot versions. All goes okay. After that I flash 1227 recovery. Also OK.

After that I flash Xiaomi.eu 9.10.10

The device cannot boot, goes directly to Fasboot. No recovery, no MIUI.

I tried many different combinations of recoveries and ROM's. None worked. Always goes to recovery after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom.

Can somebody help? What is the problem? How do I recover my phone?
try fastboot -w in order to clean any encrypted data that could be be blocking your install.
Stay within 1227 twrp version. that should be working.

try fastboot -w in order to clean any encrypted data that could be be blocking your install.
Stay within 1227 twrp version. that should be working.
Didn't work. Goes immediately to Fastboot after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom. Any other suggestions?
P.S. I noticed that touch is not working in some of the recoveries. It installs, but the touchscreen doesn't respond.

Last edited:
Didn't work. Goes immediately to Fastboot after flashing Xiaomi.eu rom. Any other suggestions?
P.S. I noticed that touch is not working in some of the recoveries. It installs, but the touchscreen doesn't respond.
flash fastboot official rom via miflash. (don't relock the bootloader! check left option) in order to refresh your phone state.

Possible solution (it is Spanish)
I think it can help you
This procedure worked! Thank you so much!
So, it is basically:
1. Go back to Stable Fastboot firmware 9.5.11. I didn't wait until it booted MIUI but just went in Fastboot after flashing was complete.
2. Install TWRP 1217 through fastboot
3. Format data two times
4. Copy Xiaomi.eu 9.10.10 to device and flash it.
5. Clean Dalvik
6. Reboot.

Voila!!!

This procedure worked! Thank you so much!
So, it is basically:
1. Go back to Stable Fastboot firmware 9.5.11. I didn't wait until it booted MIUI but just went in Fastboot after flashing was complete.
2. Install TWRP 1217 through fastboot
3. Format data two times
4. Copy Xiaomi.eu 9.10.10 to device and flash it.
5. Clean Dalvik
6. Reboot.

Voila!!!
Check you have still access to twrp because it was mandatory to install 1227 version before rebooting the new rom!

Negative. I don't have access to TWRP.
I guess I have to start all over again :(
Will flashing 1227 through Fastboot work now ?

Hey, I was having the same issue, here's how I solved it.

First flash any Chinese ROM based on Android 9.0 via MiFlash (be sure not to trigger the anti rollback, although it shouldn't be a problem unless you already flashed a Chinese ROM based on 10.0). When it's rebooting keep the vol - button pressed to reboot to fastboot again. Now flash twrp (anything >= 3.2.3 1227 should work), once it's done reboot to recovery. Format data, reboot to recovery again. The key now is to flash an old version of xiaomi.eu, for some reason the newer ones don't work. I've seen people suggest 8.12.27, although I tried first with 9.1.3 since I already had it downloaded and it worked fine. Once you've done this, do a standard wipe and reboot. It should boot with no issues, once it boots you can reboot to recovery and install whatever you want. Right now I'm on xiaomi.eu 9.10.24 and it's working flawlessly.

I spent an entire day trying to figure this out yesterday and that's what finally did it. Hope it helps someone

Inviato dal mio MI 8 SE utilizzando Tapatalk

Reactions: kamelot
My experience.
MI8 SE with ROM 9.8.15 - TWRP 3.2.3 1227
1. I install by ADB the TWRP 3.3.1, everything goes ok, but when restarting in recovery, it stays on black screen.
2. Disconnect from PC, boot into fastboot and connect to PC
3. I install TWRP 3.2.3 1227 again, everything ok, and I can restart in recovery.
4. I install recovery 3.3.1 from recovery 3.2.3. Everything ok, but when restarting in recovery I return to black screen.
5. Repeat steps 2 and 3 again
6. I install from recovery 3.2.3 1227 the TWRP 3.3.0, and everything ok, and I can restart in recovery, now YES in 3.3.0.
7. FORMAT DATA
8. Install ZIP ROM 9.10.24, and wipe cache and dalvik
9. Restart in TWRP again and do it ok
10. Mobile shutdown
11. Sending and booting ROM without problems.

Reactions: kamelot