Javimp17

Members
Oct 5, 2021
Hi there guys! I have a xiaomi mi 8 se which comes with miui 10 by xiaomi.eu 8.7.5 weekly

I wanted to upload the device and it already comes unlocked ( or it seems cuz when the device is booting up, puts unlock under mi logo)

The problem cames when i tried to install twrp via adb, in cmd when i did it i were succesfully install but when i boot twrp it didnt change the mi logo, then boot the system.

i tried too to install with xiaomitool v2 but is the same.

Can anyone helps me about upgrade this device? thanks all!! <3

and sorry about my english, im from spain :p

Last edited:
Hi there guys! I have a xiaomi mi 8 se which comes with miui 10 by xiaomi.eu 8.7.5 weekly

I wanted to upload the device and it already comes unlocked ( or it seems cuz when the device is booting up, puts unlock under mi logo)

The problem cames when i tried to install twrp via adb, in cmd when i did it i were succesfully install but when i boot twrp it didnt change the mi logo, then boot the system.

i tried too to install with xiaomitool v2 but is the same.

Can anyone helps me about upgrade this device? thanks all!! <3

and sorry about my english, im from spain :p
This phone is tricky.
Do you lauch TWRP with button vol+/power after install?
It is old story for me, but you have some last activity on this subject. Check MI8 forum.
PS: forget XIAOtool, better to use fastboot command as usual.

Hey bro thanks for your reply!

Yes, when i installed the twrp with adb fastboot i used command to reboot on twrp mode, ando nothing, it seems MI logo and i have to reboot with power only. I tried too with comb buttons (pwr/vol+) and the result was the same as the cmd.

I read about the xiaotool and many people says the same than u, cmd is better than the app.

Im searching about the twrp for android 8.1 sirius but i dont find it.

Hey bro thanks for your reply!

Yes, when i installed the twrp with adb fastboot i used command to reboot on twrp mode, ando nothing, it seems MI logo and i have to reboot with power only. I tried too with comb buttons (pwr/vol+) and the result was the same as the cmd.

I read about the xiaotool and many people says the same than u, cmd is better than the app.

Im searching about the twrp for android 8.1 sirius but i dont find it.
here you have the latest explanation:
Don't take care of my comments taken after because I was thinking about android10 issue. I messed the thread...