[Mi 8] [Weekly Review] MIUI 12 Xiaomi.EU Beta 20.7.2

ilove_mi8

Members
Aug 16, 2019
forum.php

Hi MIUIers,
Welcome back to my thorough review of this week Xiaomi.EU beta ROM! Please report and confirmed if you encountered same issues too. Now let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Updated security patch to July 2020.
forum.php

2. Updated OpenGL & Vulkan GPU driver.
Bump up OpenGL driver from v415.0 to v464.0
forum.php

3. Improved Super Wallpaper feature.
Added two new Mars location and improved lock screen time design.
forum.php
forum.php

4. Delete picture option after sharing via screenshot.
Now you can choose to delete the picture after sharing using screenshot tool to another apps.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
- None (yet)

BUGS FIXED
- Same as listed down on official changelog.

REMAINING BUGS
1. Picture in Picture (PiP) broke.
Youtube and other apps that support PiP can't be activated properly in small PiP window (When using full screen gestures).

2. Black screen on video panel when minimizing app to floating window.
Steps to reproduce: Play Youtube video, swipe up to float the app, and black screen will emerge.

3. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).

4. Dark mode status bar blackened problem in force dark mode apps.

The control center was bit laggy on this and previous build. Hope to see this issue sort out. As always, thank you Xiaomi and Xiaomi.eu developers!

SD845 devices end of beta support in:
64 days

hi a question, do you think it is possible to put the launcher of the rom (JoyUI 11) made by xiaomi for black shark phones,

since if possible I would like to try to test it from some GSI rom, which was covered by some developers and I would like to try,
I wait for some answer

REMAINING BUGS
Youtube and other apps that support PiP can't be activated properly in small PiP window (When using full screen gestures).
On full screen gestures I have manage to get PiP working by pulling down control center and going into settings or going into any notification and clicking on it and PiP gets going, then going back to home and the little window is there. I can confirm this only on youtube vanced.
Slds,

On full screen gestures I have manage to get PiP working by pulling down control center and going into settings or going into any notification and clicking on it and PiP gets going, then going back to home and the little window is there. I can confirm this only on youtube vanced.
Slds,
View attachment 30719
It has been like that since the first release of MIUI 12. The proper behaviour is the app should be able to minimized in PiP form when swiping up to homescreen and Recents screen. The issue has been first existed in some of MIUI 11 betas but somehow Xiaomi (or Xiaomi.eu dev?) able to fix it back then. Now its broken again lol.

Btw Google Maps, Youtube Premium and all apps that capable of PiP currently will behave the same way as Youtube Vanced app.

Reactions: Glenn_ and REDMI_GT
It has been like that since the first release of MIUI 12. The proper behaviour is the app should be able to minimized in PiP form when swiping up to homescreen and Recents screen. The issue has been first existed in some of MIUI 11 betas but somehow Xiaomi (or Xiaomi.eu dev?) able to fix it back then. Now its broken again lol.

Btw Google Maps, Youtube Premium and all apps that capable of PiP currently will behave the same way as Youtube Vanced app.
Cool, I just found this, for now I can leave with this.
Slds,

Hmm I think I can agree on this one! It shows up higher in my device too.

Btw, may I know how much/average of SOT and standby time you can get on your device? I assume you're using Mi 8 right?
+1 here but it looks like already reported a few times, something on Google part as I can read introduced on Android 10.
Slds,

Reactions: ilove_mi8
That's way better compared to mine. I can get at most of 4 hours of SOT and with little of another 4-5 hours in standby time.
I guess my battery needs to be replace tho.

Yeah sometimes i have android.system.suspend battery drain and i have 5h SOT and sometimes i dont have it and i have more 6h SOT

MIUI12 change the lock screen keyboard layout. My lock screen password contains symbol but I remember it by memorizing the position of the key. I can't remember the actual symbol. Now that the layout has changed, I can't unlock the phone.

Can anyone on MIUI11 post the screenshot of the lock screen keyboard on the symbol page please.

forum.php

Hi MIUIers,
Welcome back to my thorough review of this week Xiaomi.EU beta ROM! Please report and confirmed if you encountered same issues too. Now let's get started!

WHAT'S NEW
1. Updated security patch to July 2020.
forum.php

2. Updated OpenGL & Vulkan GPU driver.
Bump up OpenGL driver from v415.0 to v464.0
forum.php

3. Improved Super Wallpaper feature.
Added two new Mars location and improved lock screen time design.
forum.php
forum.php

4. Delete picture option after sharing via screenshot.
Now you can choose to delete the picture after sharing using screenshot tool to another apps.
forum.php

NEW BUGS
- None (yet)

BUGS FIXED
- Same as listed down on official changelog.

REMAINING BUGS

2. Black screen on video panel when minimizing app to floating window.
Steps to reproduce: Play Youtube video, swipe up to float the app, and black screen will emerge.

3. Dynamic font-weight feature doesn't work in Second Space (Make the entire UI appears thin).

4. Dark mode status bar blackened problem in force dark mode apps.

The control center was bit laggy on this and previous build. Hope to see this issue sort out. As always, thank you Xiaomi and Xiaomi.eu developers!

SD845 devices end of beta support in:
64 days
FM Radio not working.