Mi 9 Lite - Widevine L1

Big00s

Members
Apr 29, 2016
On xiaomi.eu we have Widevine L3, but on Global EEA there is Widevine L1. Is there any chance for ad higher Widevine level in xiaomi.eu? Thanks for answers :)

Wysłane z mojego MI CC 9 przy użyciu Tapatalka

Reactions: Necronion7
Hallo, I have an updated question on Big00s post:
In the "Our ROMs features (Whats not in Global): " it is stated "Widevine L1 (for supported devices)"
..so what are supported devices?

I have a new Mi9, still on official global MIUI 11.0.6 and from the DRM app L1 and a system ID: 11261

What will happen now if I flash the latest 9.12.5? Is my device supported and will I still have L1?

Or if someone can explain me better (new to Xiaomi and MIUI), what causes L1 to change to L3:
• The bootloader unlock?
• The custom recovery?
• The custom ROM?
• Rooting?

I am asking this because I want to try the EU roms and root my device for unnecessary system app removal, browser ad blocking purposes, but don't want to lose L1 support and have problems with my banking apps.

Thank you and I hope by learning from the community I can contribute in future too.

Reactions: Necronion7
I already read that changing global rom to a xiaomi.eu version rom would not have affected Widevine certification. That's just what other user are, in fact, agreeing to. I'm gonna try it anyway, when my unlocking counter will finally be over.

I'm gonna confirm that : the Xiaomi EU version of this rom changes the security level to L3. I tried uninstalling Magisk but the problem is still there.

I also lost widevine L1 on my global mi9.
Used the twrp fix found on the forum with no luck.
Anybody can explain why L1 is lost even if i use miflash to flash original global rom?
I tried/read everything i could find but got no closing answer why we lost L1.
Thank u kindly for the answer

I also lost widevine L1 on my global mi9.
Used the twrp fix found on the forum with no luck.
Anybody can explain why L1 is lost even if i use miflash to flash original global rom?
I tried/read everything i could find but got no closing answer why we lost L1.
Thank u kindly for the answer
Did you flash a "persist.img" file one time?
It broke Widevine L1 for ever...

Yes i did unfortunately...
Sensors where broken after i switched from pixel experience rom to the xiaomi.EU rom.
I like to know why we lost L1 and why we can't get it back.
Is it possible with flashing in edl mode?