Mi 9T/9T Pro vs Redmi K20/K20 Pro Cert support

agsbond

Members
Sep 24, 2016
Hi,

Been a xiaomi.eu user for years. Thank you for the amazing work!

So, Mi 9T has Widevine L1, but Redmi K20 doesn't. As far as the news go, they are saying that Widevine L1 will be available for Mi 9T Pro.

My query/request is, can the devs make the xiaomi.eu build based on Mi 9T? Because since you use Redmi K20 as the base(I am assuming that is the case), there is no option to download the certificate, unlike that in Mi 9. Right now, for Mi 9T users, if they flash xiaomi.eu, Widevine L1 disappears from the device, and have to flash the stock rom for it to come back. However, Widevine L1 stays, even if we unlock the bootloader, which means it's ROM side.

What's there to look at? There are no more Global Beta ROMs, and I'm pretty sure the users won't be happy about getting just a Stable ROM once in a few months.

What's there to look at? There are no more Global Beta ROMs, and I'm pretty sure the users won't be happy about getting just a Stable ROM once in a few months.

I meant the possibility of adding Widevine L1 present in the Stable ROM to China Beta ROM of Xiaomi.EU

So Widevine L1 will never be added on xeu-based roms?
I'm not a fortune-teller, what I know is that currently there's nothing we can do about it. If we ever manage to overcome this limitation, it will be in the changelogs.