Mi 9T Pro with xiaomi.eu miui 11 and Google Pay

Leseratte10

Members
Dec 1, 2019
Hello everyone,

I am a "Xiaomi noob", I have used an old Samsung smartphone for years and I have just ordered a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro which I will receive soon. I'd like to get rid of all the chinese bloatware by installing the xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 ROM on the 9T Pro, but I have a couple questions for which I wasn't able to find satisfying answers for, so I'm hoping someone will be able to answer them for me.

- I'd like to use Google Pay, and I found multiple threads saying it works out-of-the-box on xiaomi.eu ROM, and multiple threads with weird workarounds. The MIUI 11.0 stable release thread states "SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)", does that mean I can use Google Pay without problems or do I need additional steps?
- I've read something about Magisk, is that necessary for Google Pay?
- How exactly does the installation process work? Do I just use the Xiaomi tool to unlock my bootloader after a week, then flash TWRP, wipe /data and install the xiaomi.eu 11.0 stable ROM, then reboot and flash Magisk? The steps in the "MIUI 11.0 stable release" thread linked above sound a bit confusing as there is one chapter "Xiaomi Devices" and one "ROMs for devices with locked bootloader", and their contents differ. If I start with a locked bootloader (brand new 9T Pro), do I unlock it and follow the first chapter, or do I immediately follow the second one?
- If I have apps on my phone that will refuse to work on a "modded" phone (like most banking apps) will Magisk take care of that and let me run these apps anyways?

Sorry for all these questions that are probably obvious for someone experienced, but this is my first Xiaomi phone, and I was unable to find a full guide on how to install MIUI 11 xiaomi.eu on a new phone with locked bootloader, and Google Pay support.

If you ordered Mi9t pro, you do not have to do anything.
It is clean and no additional stuff added. Google play is all ok and so on and so on.
You just change the luncher if you wish.
If you ordered K20 Pro basically the steps are
Unlock bootloader - will ease everything
Flash via fastboot a twrp recovery
Download the zip file, put it on the phone.
Go to twrp install the zip and that's all.

Hello everyone,

I am a "Xiaomi noob", I have used an old Samsung smartphone for years and I have just ordered a Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro which I will receive soon. I'd like to get rid of all the chinese bloatware by installing the xiaomi.eu MIUI 11 ROM on the 9T Pro, but I have a couple questions for which I wasn't able to find satisfying answers for, so I'm hoping someone will be able to answer them for me.

- I'd like to use Google Pay, and I found multiple threads saying it works out-of-the-box on xiaomi.eu ROM, and multiple threads with weird workarounds. The MIUI 11.0 stable release thread states "SafetyNet passed (Google Pay)", does that mean I can use Google Pay without problems or do I need additional steps?
- I've read something about Magisk, is that necessary for Google Pay?
- How exactly does the installation process work? Do I just use the Xiaomi tool to unlock my bootloader after a week, then flash TWRP, wipe /data and install the xiaomi.eu 11.0 stable ROM, then reboot and flash Magisk? The steps in the "MIUI 11.0 stable release" thread linked above sound a bit confusing as there is one chapter "Xiaomi Devices" and one "ROMs for devices with locked bootloader", and their contents differ. If I start with a locked bootloader (brand new 9T Pro), do I unlock it and follow the first chapter, or do I immediately follow the second one?
- If I have apps on my phone that will refuse to work on a "modded" phone (like most banking apps) will Magisk take care of that and let me run these apps anyways?

Sorry for all these questions that are probably obvious for someone experienced, but this is my first Xiaomi phone, and I was unable to find a full guide on how to install MIUI 11 xiaomi.eu on a new phone with locked bootloader, and Google Pay support.
This worked for me:
• Open Magisk manager -> Magisk Hide select: Google Pay, Google Play Services and the bank applications we have
• Go to Settings -> Applications -> Google Pay, clear data and cache
• Restart in TWRP, go to Advanced -> File manager
• Go to: /data/data/com.google.android.gms/databases/dg.db
• Touch chmod, enter 440 and confirm
• Restart and configure Google Pay (change wallet to HCE)

Reactions: jluispm and Kamkol
This worked for me:
• Open Magisk manager -> Magisk Hide select: Google Pay, Google Play Services and the bank applications we have
This worked for me as well. Thanks!

This worked for me:
Thank you, it worked for me too...