Mi A1 Or 5x?

MarkHUK

Site Founder
Staff member
Nov 6, 2010
Which have you got? what's the pro's and con's to each? Let us know in the forum. :)

Which have you got? what's the pro's and con's to each? Let us know in the forum. :)

I have the A1, mainly because of the 4G frequencies. LTE band 20 is the most common in my country (and most Europe, I believe) and the X5 doesn't support it.

Apart from that and the user interface (MIUI vs stock android) I don't think there is much differences between them.

I think for the european market, the A1 will be the right choice, considering the LTE frequencies and also the OTA updates.

At the end of the day, these are nice looking smartphones, well balanced and fairly priced.

I regret that I bought mi a1, the pure android looks empty, and in miui many settings

I regret that I bought mi a1, the pure android looks empty, and in miui many settings
Mistaken
You must be proud of your phone
Mi A1 is absolutely awesome
You have the b20 that does not have Mi 5X
Who Has Mi 5X Installs Android Stock!
Who Mi A1 wants MIUI, like me
I left it at home without using it for MIUI's absence
I've tried Launcher, app, and so on
I decided to leave so original, only File Manager MIUI, and photo gallery
The phone arrives at 7.30 - 8 hours of SOT used for 3 days
I think MIUI will be released and then you will have a perfect phone with little money

Sbagliato
Devi essere fiero del tuo telefono
Mi A1 e' assolutamente strepitoso
Hai la b20 che non ha Mi 5X
Chi ha Mi 5X installa Android Stock!
Chi ha Mi A1 vuole MIUI, come me
Io l'ho lasciato giorni a casa senza utilizzarlo per l'assenza di MIUI
Ho provato Launcher, app, ecc
Ho deciso di lasciare cosi originale, solo File manager MIUI, e galleria per foto
Il telefono arriva a 7.30 - 8 ore di SOT utilizzato 3 giorni
Penso MIUI verra' rilasciata e poi avrai un telefono perfetto con pochi soldi

Reactions: alfredk_

I honestly don't understand all the hype around MIUI (or any other brand's android flavour).

I just must assume everybody else is using a smartphone in a very different way that I am, or use it for very different purposes...

Reactions: alfredk_
If you used MIUI and go to Android Stock, you realize how much MIUI is complete

I must admit I'm not qualified to discuss wether or not MIUI is better than "stock" android, just becasue I have never used MIUI.

I can only say that the version of android present on the A1 does work for me. Is simple, yes, but clean, functional, solid and stable.

I surely would like to see MIUI for this phone and be able to try it, since so many people really relate to MIUI in a positive way...

Better to have two options to choose from than regret the lack of a choice. ;)

Reactions: iamme729
I must admit I'm not qualified to discuss wether or not MIUI is better than "stock" android, just becasue I have never used MIUI.

I can only say that the version of android present on the A1 does work for me. Is simple, yes, but clean, functional, solid and stable.

I surely would like to see MIUI for this phone and be able to try it, since so many people really relate to MIUI in a positive way...

Better to have two options to choose from than regret the lack of a choice. ;)

I agree
When you have tried MIUI, I would be curious to have your opinion

Reactions: IAMBR
mi a1, but missing some miui things: like call recording, miui app lock and dual apps. if miui had vertical recent apps and the option for app drawer...

mi a1, but missing some miui things: like call recording, miui app lock and dual apps. if miui had vertical recent apps and the option for app drawer...

I use a call recording app that works just fine and there are also apps that add the app lock functionality.

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

Does the MUIU include the Google Photos lifetime unlimited storage deal? if not, then the MUIU can look as pretty as it wants. Stock Android is supposedly faster, too. Oh and Android Oreo.

Last edited:
M1 A1 is great, but I do miss some MIUI features. For example, the AOSP recents (card UI) is horrible. But I also don't miss all those useless MIUI features that I never used.

I got the Mi A1 because I was hoping to find the time to use it as a base (compared to 5X) to reverse-engineer some MIUI-specific stuff for AOSP devices. Namely firewall, system-wide icon themes, the better Recent app switcher, and some other minor stuff.

Maybe soon!

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

If you used MIUI and go to Android Stock, you realize how much MIUI is complete

I tried the Oneplus 2 for 3 months which had a slightly optimized Android stock running. That was the worst smartphone experience in my life. You need to get several apps until the phone works the way you want. Even then it still looks like sh.... I'm very happy with the way MIUI looks and works.