Mi Max 3gb 64gb Vs 4gb 128gb

Sep 12, 2016
Hi,

I have got the 3gb 64gb version and im in love with this now due to the large screen, amazing battery and everything, just what I needed in a phone.

Now I'm planning to go for the 4gb 128gb version and i think this might increase the performance due to the 4gb ram. Planning to get it from gearbest.com

Do you guys think it is worth it moving out to the 4gb version?

3gb 64gb antutu benchmark is somewhere around 76k I guess.

I will only take the hassle if the improvement is major.

Any suggestions?

Unless you need the extra memory, I don't think the difference is noticeable. They use the same processor, the only difference on should come from the extra GB of working memory. I just testet my phone with the latest stable MIUI 8 and everything running in the background, and scored 81896 on Antutu. Actually a tad more than expected, but probably within the variations on different runs unless the new MIUI gives it a boost.

As I need double sim, I went for the 128 GB version, as no external sd card would fit additionally.
If you have a lot of apps running, the 4gb might help handle this, but I don't think that you would really encounter a measurable speed increase with the 4gb version honestly. Consider also economics: for which price you could sell an slightly used 3gb version and how much more you have to invest for the 4gb version?
Personally, I doubt that the little theoretical speed increase compares to the more bucks you spent.
The major speed limitator usually operates the device...

Good luck, choose wisely! :)