New Mi Mix 2 Encryption Bug

Had a similar issue on MI6 with latest MIUI 10 Weekly ROM. I have edited fstab.qcom file by first copying to internal storage then transfering it to my computer, modifying it and then copying it back to /system/vendor/etc/. I have also tried changing "," to space but still no matter what I do rebooting to system just reboots back to TWRP. Does anyone have a solution?

[QUOTE = "feeskies, post: 394082, member: 58318"] Oi,

Recebi meu xiaomi Mi Mix 2 e instalei o TWRP 3.1.1.0 e o Xiaomi.eu rom 7.11.2.

Quando tento " Encrypt Phone " ficar preso durante o processo (esperei por mais de 4 horas).
Durante o processo, o telefone é reiniciado do que vemos uma barra de progressão sendo concluída e um texto dizendo para não reiniciar antes de terminar. Nesta tela, podemos ver a barra de notificação com o modo avião e a hora.
Depois de mais de 4 horas eu reinicio o telefone myslef e tenho uma mensagem dizendo que a criptografia não foi concluída e meus dados não estão mais acessíveis. Eu faço um formato de dados no TWRP e posso inicializar no Android novamente (todos os meus dados e configurações vão embora).

Eu tentei 4 vezes esse processo e fiz uma reinstalação do TWRP e também do rom sem qualquer alteração.

No meu outro telefone Mi Mix 1 , eu tenho o mesmo 7.11.2 e chinês TWRP 3.0.2.0 e posso ecnrypt o telefone em menos de 5 minutos.

Eu preciso da criptografia para acessar os dados da minha empresa.

Vocês podem confirmar que você tem o mesmo problema? [/ QUOTE]
O seu twrp e antigo por isso que deu isso estale uma versao mais nova
Detalhes

Hello,

I recently bought an mix 2s and wanted to have xiaomi.eu rom with encryption but didn't manage to do it on the first try. Finally I've succeded to encrypt it and want to share the steps, hoping will help someone (i owned and mi6 before and the steps are almost the same).
I've switched from global stable rom so here are the full steps:
1. unlocked bootloader with mi unlock (IT WILL ERASE YOUR DATA)
-downloaded the unofficial twrp for mix2s from xda (used v11 because v12 coud not format data) + renamed as twrp.img
-downloaded xiaomi eu stable, as xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2S_V10.0.7.0.PDGCNFH_v10-9.zip
-downloaded putty with adb support (you'll find it on google as opensource)
-moved both in adb folder on the pc
2. rebooted in fast boot mode (power+volume down)
4. flashed recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
5. Once in twrp (these step will ERASE ALL YOUR DATA)
-Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Wipe -Dalvik/ART Cache, -Cache, -System, -Data, -Internal Storage
-Wipe > Wipe: Format Data
-Reboot > Recovey
-Once back on recovery push rom to internal storage
adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2S_V10.0.7.0.PDGCNFH_v10-9.zip /sdcard
-Install rom from sdcard
-Wipe cache
-Reboot > Recovery
-once back in twrp MOUNT only System and Vendor (very important to mount SYSTEM and VENDOR, system was not enough)
6. Start putty , check ADB, than OPEN. You should see something like
~ #
7. In putty start editing fstab.qcom
vi /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
8. For those who don't know how to use vi there are two modes in vi one is scrool and the other is edit mode.
-find the string encryptable=ice once found position yourself on it and enter edit mode by pressing i
-replace it with fileencryption=ice
-once done press ESC key twice to exit edit mode
-now to save the file write
:wq
-you should be done with putty
9. Reboot > System
10. Once in Miui10 set pin and check in Settings > Addition Settings > Privacy > Encryption & Credential (it should say Encrypted)

But verry important in the future if you want to update to newer eu version, you will have to repeat 6,7 and 8 after you install another version.
I hope these steps help some of you who want encryption on their mix2s device.

Reactions: LOLO9393
Hello,

I recently bought an mix 2s and wanted to have xiaomi.eu rom with encryption but didn't manage to do it on the first try. Finally I've succeded to encrypt it and want to share the steps, hoping will help someone (i owned and mi6 before and the steps are almost the same).
I've switched from global stable rom so here are the full steps:
1. unlocked bootloader with mi unlock (IT WILL ERASE YOUR DATA)
-downloaded the unofficial twrp for mix2s from xda (used v11 because v12 coud not format data) + renamed as twrp.img
-downloaded xiaomi eu stable, as xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2S_V10.0.7.0.PDGCNFH_v10-9.zip
-downloaded putty with adb support (you'll find it on google as opensource)
-moved both in adb folder on the pc
2. rebooted in fast boot mode (power+volume down)
4. flashed recovery
fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
fastboot boot twrp.img
5. Once in twrp (these step will ERASE ALL YOUR DATA)
-Wipe > Advanced Wipe > Wipe -Dalvik/ART Cache, -Cache, -System, -Data, -Internal Storage
-Wipe > Wipe: Format Data
-Reboot > Recovey
-Once back on recovery push rom to internal storage
adb push xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix2S_V10.0.7.0.PDGCNFH_v10-9.zip /sdcard
-Install rom from sdcard
-Wipe cache
-Reboot > Recovery
-once back in twrp MOUNT only System and Vendor (very important to mount SYSTEM and VENDOR, system was not enough)
6. Start putty , check ADB, than OPEN. You should see something like
~ #
7. In putty start editing fstab.qcom
vi /system/vendor/etc/fstab.qcom
8. For those who don't know how to use vi there are two modes in vi one is scrool and the other is edit mode.
-find the string encryptable=ice once found position yourself on it and enter edit mode by pressing i
-replace it with fileencryption=ice
-once done press ESC key twice to exit edit mode
-now to save the file write
:wq
-you should be done with putty
9. Reboot > System
10. Once in Miui10 set pin and check in Settings > Addition Settings > Privacy > Encryption & Credential (it should say Encrypted)

But verry important in the future if you want to update to newer eu version, you will have to repeat 6,7 and 8 after you install another version.
I hope these steps help some of you who want encryption on their mix2s device.

Many thanks for your tests.
Can you give a service by checking if you are well protected against password system file deleting.
EASY:
you go to file explorer in recovery mode and try to delete file named: data/sytem/locksettings.db
If you succeed ,too bad, you just removed your password/pin and let your phone open to the wind!
If you can't access, that's perfect solution, waiting for an embedded one.

Many thanks for your tests.
Can you give a service by checking if you are well protected against password system file deleting.
EASY:
you go to file explorer in recovery mode and try to delete file named: data/sytem/locksettings.db
If you succeed ,too bad, you just removed your password/pin and let your phone open to the wind!
If you can't access, that's perfect solution, waiting for an embedded one.

I didn.t try removing the file, but locksettings.db is accesible without entering the password in twrp. The sdcard data is not accesible though. I guess that if you delete it you will not be able to access the phone sdcard data. At least it.s some kind of protection after all. If you lose your phone, nobody can see your data if they don.t know the pin, but they can still format the data and use it as a new phone. But i think that is another layer of protection if your phone is connected to a miui account. If the person that formated your data, will use miui and not another custom rom, the phone will remain bound to your miui account even after format and you can find it with mi find my device.

I didn.t try removing the file, but locksettings.db is accesible without entering the password in twrp. The sdcard data is not accesible though. I guess that if you delete it you will not be able to access the phone sdcard data. At least it.s some kind of protection after all. If you lose your phone, nobody can see your data if they don.t know the pin, but they can still format the data and use it as a new phone. But i think that is another layer of protection if your phone is connected to a miui account. If the person that formated your data, will use miui and not another custom rom, the phone will remain bound to your miui account even after format and you can find it with mi find my device.
Thanks for taking time answering me.
Fully agreed!
But:
That's strange you can still access the locksetting.db file in twrp crypted mode.
.That's perfect if you can't access to any of your data.
Since my question I had time enough to dig around this important issue
But as curious I had done the check because in your situation if you remove the password file, at restart the phone is normally decrypted and it is a risk. (the phone restart virgin of password!) You just reactivate it after.
my word!

Thanks for taking time answering me.
Fully agreed!
But:
That's strange you can still access the locksetting.db file in twrp crypted mode.
.That's perfect if you can't access to any of your data.
Since my question I had time enough to dig around this important issue
But as curious I had done the check because in your situation if you remove the password file, at restart the phone is normally decrypted and it is a risk. (the phone restart virgin of password!) You just reactivate it after.
my word!
Most likely if you delete that file the phone will go into bootloop because the data on the sdcard is encrypted, the phone will expect no encryption and won.t know how to handle/read your encrypted data.
I can.t test it now because i haven.t made a backup in a long time and this test might make my sdcard data unreadable in the worst case.

Most likely if you delete that file the phone will go into bootloop because the data on the sdcard is encrypted, the phone will expect no encryption and won.t know how to handle/read your encrypted data.
I can.t test it now because i haven.t made a backup in a long time and this test might make my sdcard data unreadable in the worst case.
Sure!!! I understand the point you don't want to mess up your phone, if no reason.
I hope someone will be in position to verify this point for our knowledge.
PS: With my 2 encrypted phone it is not possible to access the related files. I see them only after I've validated TWRP password. If I boot via another twrp it doesn't ask for PW and I can access to dat/system files but they are not readable because they stay encrypted.
That was my point.
Have a nice day.