Mi Mix 3 Widevine L1 Support

Do you want HDR and FullHD support in Netflix, AmazonPrime, etc on your device?

• Yes, I want to be able to see HDR and FullHD content on my phone

• No, I am satisfied with low resolutions of my streaming services(480p/576p)

Results are only viewable after voting.

MontesJr

Members
Dec 26, 2018
Apparently everyone who pays a premium price for a device that is launched in 2018 and is the high-end product of that company is stuck with a L3 Widevine.
This means any streaming service that uses DRM like Netflix can only play 480p/576p.
Widevine is a Digital Rights Management (DRM) feature. Is there anyway to get L1? Is anyone at Xiaomi working to get this done? I mean, the phone has a HDR screen and 1080+ resolution. And apparently the Widevine certification is free.
Oneplus have sorted this out and Huawei updated the Mate 20X to update from L3 to L1

They haven't yet updated it on Poco inspite it being a globally popular phone. I don't think it's ever going to be available on Mix3

Is there any such thing as HDR for video? I thought it worked by taking two photos with different exposures and combining them, no?

That's on a Sony device. What makes you think it is supported on the Mi Mix 3?
The article was regarding your question : Is there any such thing as HDR for video?
Yes there is such a thing as HDR for video .
I tought that the mi mix 3 would have it , but it seems that it only includes it for taking pictures

How ridiculous not to have L1. I was just about to buy this phone but an considering not now. If Xiaomi can give L1 to Pocophone F1 they can do it for the Mi Mix 3 as well.

Why not yet L1 for Mi Mix3? What a shame! Also with Miui 11 will be the same? Xiaomi, always the same errors...