Mi Mix 5G

toge64

Members
Nov 12, 2016
from what I understand there will be no weeklies until a china ROM is out? but there is no china ROM? what to do?

Just wait for the China rom or use the official global Roms...
n othing can be done about it for now

v10.3.21.0.PEMEUXM Stable is released, would it be possible to get a Xiaomi.eu ROM on top of that version? I only see xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix35G_V10.3.17.0.PEMCNXM_v10-9.zip, mentioned by @grillote

Edit: Ah right, EU ROM it is based on CNXM. Guess I have to wait then.

Last edited:
Just gotta wait I'm afraid. I kinda regret getting the 5G now considering the 4g version is much better supported.

Sent from my Mi MIX 3 5G using Tapatalk

Reactions: paajf
Do mix 3 5g has widevine l1 and what is camera2api level? I just purchased 128GB global version for 330USd

Do mix 3 5g has widevine l1 and what is camera2api level? I just purchased 128GB global version for 330USd
Widevine L1 is supported, yes. Tested myself using the 5G variant. No idea about camera2api.

There is a newer chinese ROM released since end of November, V10.3.18.0.PEMCNXM. This includes the October 2019 security updates. Any chance that the xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix35G_V10.3.17.0.PEMCNXM_v10-9 ROM gets updated from 10.3.17.0 to 10.3.18.0?

Widevine L1 is supported, yes. Tested myself using the 5G variant. No idea about camera2api.

There is a newer chinese ROM released since end of November, V10.3.18.0.PEMCNXM. This includes the October 2019 security updates. Any chance that the xiaomi.eu_multi_MIMix35G_V10.3.17.0.PEMCNXM_v10-9 ROM gets updated from 10.3.17.0 to 10.3.18.0?

you get L1? i dont, mine shows as L3, im using the last .eu verson from august

you get L1? i dont, mine shows as L3, im using the last .eu verson from august
L1 is supported at least on the official European ROM (andromeda_eea) and the official Global ROM (andromeda). No idea about the xiaomi.eu ROM, haven't tested it yet since it seems a bit outdated.

L1 is supported at least on the official European ROM (andromeda_eea) and the official Global ROM (andromeda). No idea about the xiaomi.eu ROM, haven't tested it yet since it seems a bit outdated.
how odd, im still getting L3, uninstalled and reinstalled it but still the same

how odd, im still getting L3, uninstalled and reinstalled it but still the same

No idea, the screenshot below shows my device using the Global ROM. The bootloader is still unlocked.

24378895.jpg

Reactions: AMZMA
[ EDIT 20200905 ] miUI 12 officially released - Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G [ andromeda (EEA) ] This MIUI version of Firmware/ROM is V12.0.1.0.PEMEUXM

hi all , good to see little progress on mi-MIX3 5g FW updates.

is this an active thread yet ?

we'd like to get a lead to a post or thread we can read while also learning about different ' firmware switching ' processes ?
[ with and without TWRP ]
[ with or without boot loader unlocking ]
[ with or without mi-device unlocking ]
[ with or without mi-flash/mi flash pro tools ]
and so on...

we're interested in finding info about alternative custom recoveries and reasons [ if any ] to install any of them [ TWRP - orange fox ] in addition, we're also willing to read descriptions for OEM unlocking, allowing boot-loader to be unlocked and to then enter fast boot mode in order to " adding TWRP " [ though we're not planning to use custom firmwares or rom. ]

also...
' mi-unlocking ' and ' mi-device unlocking ' are actually a very same process ? why should we use mi-flash tools when we can get a [ zip ] file can be placed in a folder allowing switching to official firmware upon phone restart ?

we already tested some official features found in MIUI stock firmware and while browsing [ ' settings >> about phone >> system update >> ... >> download latest update ' ] , we gathered we get a zip file placed in a folder and miUI firmware is then updated upon subsequent phone restart
[ official and stock firmware built-in switch process won't require boot loader unlocking, or any unlocking of any kind ]
which ZIP files can we use with that ' stock miUI firmware built-in features and switch process ' ?

so far... we found those pages with hypertext and web application however differences from one firmware version to another are still unclear [ MiFirm ]
also found in DEV settings [ mi-device unlocking ] ; [ mi unlocking ] ; [ unlocking boot loader ] and yet [ OEM unlocking ], what is the purpose for so many options ?

Last edited: