Mi Mix Unlock

mcn1970

Members
Feb 4, 2017
hi all,

my rom is a vendor rom and i want to flash an official one.
i received permission for unlocking the mi mix and i downloaded miunlock app. i put the phone in fastboot mode but the mi-unlock is stuck at 50% saying after that caouldn't verify the phone.
i installed usb drivers and i disabled digital drivers security check in windows 10 but no effect.moreover, after 10 seconds the phone exits fastboot and starts only charging.
what else i can do?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-01-25-19-20-37-649_com.android.settings.png
    Screenshot_2017-01-25-19-20-37-649_com.android.settings.png
    117.7 KB · Views: 659
  • 2017-02-04 22_11_41-.jpg
    2017-02-04 22_11_41-.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 731
First flash original rom (no need unlock), then boot device, log in to your mi account and register your device. After that you will be able to unlock it.

Sent from my MIghty MIX

i am a newbie about it. how should i flash original rom? where should i get this from? thankx for helping

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

Reactions: bombkim
as far as I saw first step is to unlock the bootloader. i may be confused, but i requested to xiaomi to unlock the bootloader. they sent me approval by sms, i installed mi-unlock, i logged in my xiaomi account, i put the phone in fastboot mode but the app stucks at 50%. i did allover again but no succes. i may did smth wrong but i don't know what

You have to be on official rom to unlock. Flash official first.
Then follow the steps.

Sent from my MIghty MIX

thanks for help but please specify from tutorial you indicated me what part is applicable to me. as far as i saw everything there needs bootloaded unlocked whichis not my situation

thanks for help but please specify from tutorial you indicated me what part is applicable to me. as far as i saw everything there needs bootloaded unlocked whichis not my situation

Start from part 3, you don't need an unlocked bootloader for that.

Part 3, boot original rom, login to mi account and register your device, then part 2.

Unlock (part 2) is optional if you want to stick with original rom.

Sent from my MIghty MIX

i tried but updater says couldn't verify the package. why?

i tried but updater app says couldn't verify the package. why?

looks like part 3 is for me. as for Rom to be flashed, in the page is indicated Developer chinese Rom? is this with play store? or can play store be installed? thx again for help

i tried but updater app says couldn't verify the package. why?

That's quite common trying to update while on a Shop/Vendor ROM.

Your only solution is to use the guide Kostas_f provided you.

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

looks like part 3 is for me. as for Rom to be flashed, in the page is indicated Developer chinese Rom? is this with play store? or can play store be installed? thx again for help

It doesn't matter as you are only using that ROM to unlock.

After unlocking you can install TWRP & flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM.

at least does the developer Chinese rom have english? i dont know Chinese.

after flashing can i install google playstore apk? gmail, maps... stuff like this... chinese bloatware can be uninstalled?

because vendor rom will never be updated. i dont want some specific rom, but something that will be improved in the future

as long global rom is unavailable for the moment, what could be best choice? meaning a continuously improved rom

Then flash the Xiaomi.eu ROM from here, it has Google Apps support, all Chinese bloatware removed & updates.

or should i flash Chinese rom first, unlock then and flash xiaomi.eu one?

I unlocked mi5s plus with stable global. It was no need to flash chinese rom to unlick bootloader. Newer devices can be unlocked from any original rom. You must did mistake somewhere..