Mi Mover is not working

Alexiaomi

Members
Oct 28, 2014
Hello, I hope someone can help me with this:

I want to use Mi Mover from Mix2s 64gb to Mix2s 128 gb (copy all apps and files etc), but it does not work.
Mix2s 64gb is sender and 128gb is receiver.
After scanning QR code Mix2s wants to change wifi network to 5ghz all the time or connecting is not working.
So i tried to put the devices both on the same wifi network (2,4 and 5 as well), but still the same problem.
Mi Mover creates a wifi hotspot and i think there's the problem, because it stucks there.

Does anyone know what to do?
Settings?

Thanks,
Alex

Addition:
Mi Mover works from Mix2s 64gb to Mi6.
Mi Mover does not create QR code anymore om Mix2s 126gb.

So, it's not possible to use Mix2s as receiver. It's on MIUI 8.11.29
Gonna try another rom, MIUI 8.11.15

Well...it worked for me sending from mi5 and recieving on mix2s. But at that time I was bootloader locked and on official 10.0.2 global with the mix 2s and the mi5 was on some miui 10 eu beta...anyway after I unlocked the bootloader on the mix 2s I had to wipe everything on the mix and I started from scratch installing and setting apps as I needed them. The only thing that I moved were contacts and call log and did that via cloud. Good luck.

Well...it worked for me sending from mi5 and recieving on mix2s. But at that time I was bootloader locked and on official 10.0.2 global with the mix 2s and the mi5 was on some miui 10 eu beta...anyway after I unlocked the bootloader on the mix 2s I had to wipe everything on the mix and I started from scratch installing and setting apps as I needed them. The only thing that I moved were contacts and call log and did that via cloud. Good luck.
Thank you.
I still don't know why mi mover is not working...

Help please:

I want to use Mi Mover from Mix2s 64gb for copying everything to Mix2s 128gb.
Both devices are unlocked. Mi Mover works from Mixs2 64gb to Mi6 for example (also unlocked), but this Mix2s always changing wifi network to 5ghz network and seems unable to create a QR code. And even when it creates an QR code, the devices will not be found. Very strange.
I deleted the 5ghz wifi network, so both devices are on 2,4ghz, but than again the Mix2s changes to 5 ghz without any succes.
Somehow the device will not create a good wifi hotspot for connecting with the other Mix2s. Settings are the same.

So, what do i have to do to make Mi Mover work?
Is there something wrong with this device? I don't think so. I also reuploaded the latest eu beta rom.
Do i have to install stable rom?

Anyone has the solution for me please?

Thanks,
Alex

Well, after several efforts made a factory reset again and this time Mi Mover worked.

So, it's done.

This comes a little late, but it might help the next person:

Last weekend I encountered exactly the same issue when I wanted to use the MiMover to transfer settings, files and apps from my wife's Mi6 (broken display, Android 8, stable ROM, MIUI 10.3.4.0) to my "old" Mi6 (intact display, Android 9, developer ROM, MIUI 10 9.5.30).

I cannot tell which change of the following options did the trick, but setting all of them at the same time solved the issue instantly:

*** Before you change any option make a note of its current setting! ***

Settings -> Wi-Fi -> Additional settings ->
  • Wi-Fi assistant -> OFF
  • Wi-Fi speed mode -> OFF
  • Connection type -> Compatibility <-- I found this option on both Mi6-phones, but not on my Mi9
Please note that from phone to phone the wording might slightly be different.
For example the "Wi-Fi speed mode" on the Mi6 became "Traffic mode" on the Mi9.
The German "Zusätzliche Einstellungen" (="Additional settings") on one Mi6, became "Weitere Einstellungen" on the other one.
If these options have a different name on your phone just change all of them to something like "off", "slower" or "compatible".
After MiMover is done do not forget to put them back to their original setting.

Final note:
The issue (trying to change to 5GHz) seems to put the phones into an unstable condition as re-initiating the MiMover again did not work for me without a reboot. So if you already encountered the issue first reboot both phones, then make the adjustment(s).