Invalid Mi Mover not working

This is for advanced users
1.phone has to be rooted
2.product / system partitions need to be mounted as RW
Then use root explorer app
Or edit extract and edit super.img from firmware with any android kitchen I used CRB
Repack and flash the new modified image

But I would recommend the EU developers to remove the app from the upcoming Roms for better experience
I'm really struggling with this for a few days already. I have a phone which uses HyperOS EU ROM and I want to backup its data to a new Xiaomi 14 Pro China version.

Obviously these Mi Mover versions aint' compatible with each other so it can't be used.

The phone (rooted) with HyperOS EU Rom used Mi Mover version 4.2.3, I tried a lot of methods but I can't remove it completely. Basically no way to mount product partition as RW to remove it.

Then I tried to copy the apk of Mi Mover 4.2.3 from EU rom to the China ROM phone (which is also rooted), but it can't be installed. I don't know why, but it said the signature failed, while it could install all other Mi Mover versions I get from the apk store.

Anyone could have an insight here? Thanks

I'm really struggling with this for a few days already. I have a phone which uses HyperOS EU ROM and I want to backup its data to a new Xiaomi 14 Pro China version.

Obviously these Mi Mover versions aint' compatible with each other so it can't be used.

The phone (rooted) with HyperOS EU Rom used Mi Mover version 4.2.3, I tried a lot of methods but I can't remove it completely. Basically no way to mount product partition as RW to remove it.

Then I tried to copy the apk of Mi Mover 4.2.3 from EU rom to the China ROM phone (which is also rooted), but it can't be installed. I don't know why, but it said the signature failed, while it could install all other Mi Mover versions I get from the apk store.

Anyone could have an insight here? Thanks
I tried million ways and i don't find a total final solution. I find how uninstall mi mover app from the phone but not from the root of directory so whatever that mind is unavailable install a new version of mi mover because the signature is different. This only happens in 14 and new series because in the old series rw partitions. Remove completely add has 100% possible but now everything change. Hope somebody can find the way to uninstall apk from the root and how mount rw. I let the video how uninstall the app from the phone. Video is in spanish but easy to understand and in order to move i recommended use "send anywhere" app cause this app move photos in the same order you has in your phone. Only you need move the photos between albums and you will have all photos in the same position as your old phone. Good luck

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For everyone with 14 series - you can partially bypass this issue by doing local backup of files on old phone and then paste backup folder to new phone. I did it and most of things moved over except sms, call log, contacts and some parts of settings anmd app with protected data. But most of this can be transferred by other apps specialized in moving for ex. call history and sms.

Last edited: