Invalid Mi Mover not working

majster90

Members
Sep 9, 2022
I'm having issues using Xiaomi Mover to clone my old Note 8 Pro data to Xiaomi Mi 10.
Two phones connect (Note 8 Pro for sending and Xiaomi Mi 10 for receiving) for a second and then I get "Connection interrupted". Many people have this issue and you still didn't fix it.

I think this problem originates from the MI mover that comes with the E.u Rom. As it has conflicts with the global MI mover app in the playstore.
I tried to move data from Samsung to MI 10 on EU Rom and it always failed flashed India Rom and MI mover works well

Reactions: sluTTY
yes you dont modify and thats the reason it does not work. i can comfirm that the problem is with the mimover apk
the apk works fine in the stock base rom (china rom ), but does not work well on eu rom.
i managed to fix mine to work and there are 2 options
1. Replace the stock apk with global apk
2. Remove the mi mover app from product/piv-app/mi mover. ( phone comes without mi mover and accepts downloading from play store ) and this worked out for me more perfectly

How i can find the folder product? and delete the app
This is for advanced users
1.phone has to be rooted
2.product / system partitions need to be mounted as RW
Then use root explorer app
Or edit extract and edit super.img from firmware with any android kitchen I used CRB
Repack and flash the new modified image

But I would recommend the EU developers to remove the app from the upcoming Roms for better experience

Okay this is to complicated ^^ i have an rooted phone. when i have to mount now my partitions i have to reset all?
When i go to the recovery mode i can find the folder product, but nothing will be shown further.

Last edited:
We don't modify Mi Mover on our ROMs, but it might not be compatible with the Global app from Play Store.
This is a problem. Why don't you take @Rob tech.ug 's advice and fix this to make it work?

I have a new Redmi Note 13 Pro 5G with stock ROM and would like to move my stuff over from my old Poco F2 Pro with xiaomi.eu ROM. The connection does not work in Mi Mover as described above. What can I do now? Neither of the phones is rooted. How can i get this to work @Rob tech.ug ?
I tried downloading Mi Mover from APK Mirror and install it on the Poco F2 Pro but it does not allow me to replace system apps.

The stock APK that comes with the EU ROM has a different signature from the global on the playstore and apkpure that's why it won't install.

As for your case it's complicated because the phone is not rooted and if you try to root you will loose all your data. Because you will need to remove the app and install another from play store for it to work
Can't I root the old phone with Magisk without losing data? If I could what's the steps to get the Mi Mover app replaced?

The "correct" app is already installed. If you mean the Global app, then it's at your own responsibility.
The "correct" app for my not so exotic purpose of wanting to migrate data from my old phone to my new one. The issue is described in the posts above.
The responsibility kind of lies with me anyway for everything I do with the phone. doesn't it?
Do you have an actual helpful hint for me? :emoji_frog:

The "correct" app for my not so exotic purpose of wanting to migrate data from my old phone to my new one. The issue is described in the posts above.
The responsibility kind of lies with me anyway for everything I do with the phone. doesn't it?
Do you have an actual helpful hint for me? :emoji_frog:
Nope. Our ROM was not designed to support migration from a non-Xiaomi.eu ROM anyway.

Nope. Our ROM was not designed to support migration from a non-Xiaomi.eu ROM anyway.
I am trying to migrate to a non-Xiaomi.eu ROM, not from. And if Xiaomi wouldn't make unlocking the bootloader such a damn nightmare I would probably migrate between Xiaomi.eu ROMs and wouldn't need to beg for help like I am. Believe me, it's not fun. I would rather be done with it in 10 minutes.

I am trying to migrate to a non-Xiaomi.eu ROM, not from.
Doesn't make a difference.

And if Xiaomi wouldn't make unlocking the bootloader such a damn nightmare I would probably migrate between Xiamo.eu ROMs and wouldn't need to beg for help like I am. Believe me, it's not fun. I would rather be done with it in 10 minutes.
Well, that's beyond our control.

Thanks.
Maybe @Rob tech.ug has a hint for me. He seems to have done what I am trying to do.
same here
This is for advanced users
1.phone has to be rooted
2.product / system partitions need to be mounted as RW
Then use root explorer app
Or edit extract and edit super.img from firmware with any android kitchen I used CRB
Repack and flash the new modified image

But I would recommend the EU developers to remove the app from the upcoming Roms for better experience
i had the same problem with mi 14 pro and i tried do this way but anyway i stocked mount rw partitions. how you did that step
@Rob tech.ug