Mi Note Pro: Complete Beginners Guide

by the way what is says when you do
in Cmd type
fastboot devices
fastboot oem device-info

it says bootloader locked False or Bootloader locked True?

it is strange you have miui 7.3 by xiaomi.eu 5.3.24 beta and locked bootloader

Reactions: stevie
The twrp must be the one ive linked it is not official. It does not exist official twrp
And yes first flash 6/12/22 and then the latest developer rom. Then you have to unlock bootloader again because the upgrade to android 7 lockes the bootloader again (shame on xiaomi) and flash twrp again

Yes i just have to wait two times. It is ok.Just have to be patient. The most important thing is having you around to get things right for me.

by the way what is says when you do
in Cmd type
fastboot devices
fastboot oem device-info

it says bootloader locked False or Bootloader locked True?

it is strange you have miui 7.3 by xiaomi.eu 5.3.24 beta and locked bootloader
Bootloader unlocked false

Hi Helder Moura,

I got my bootloader unlocked by going back to China rom and with mi pc suite to unlock. The mi pc suite unlock doesn't work on custom rom or eu rom I guess.

The problem now is I can't boot to twrp. The error message read " booting...FAILED (remote: dtb not found). How do I go about it. And which rom should I sideload?

I got the bootloader unlocked
To install TWRP
Download latest recovery https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=673368273298930581
extract and put the recovery.img (rename if other name) on adb
Start Windows command prompt by pressing <Windows key> + X and then choosing "Command Prompt (Admin)". Once console (black box) opens, go to Minimal ADB and Fastboot folder on your PC by typing

> cd C:\ADB
> C:

(change C: and ADB to your respective drive and path you chose)

Power off your device and turn it back on Fastboot mode. In order to enter the "fastboot mode", press and hold "Power+Volume Down" buttons
Connetc phone to pc

And type
fastboot devices
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
fastboot reboot recovery

If you want xiaomi.eu rom and your android version is 5.1 and want to upgrade to android 7 you need to flash
6/12/22 rom https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=745425885120695164
then flash latest developer rom, probably the bootloader will be locked just unlock again by unlock tool.
just download rom, copy to internal memory, then turn off phone, enter in twrp and wipe cache, wipe data, install the zip of xiaomi.eu 6/12/22 then install Latest developer rom and reboot done,

after that you have to unlock bootlader and install twrp again, just follow the above steps to install recovery
the unlock tool works on xiaomi.eu roms atleast for me worked

if you have permission to unlock
http://bigota.d.miui.com/miflashunlock/MiFlashUnlock_1.1.0317.1_en.zip
Step 1.Enable developer option on phone
Step 2. Download the Mi Unlock app to PC, and sign in with your Mi Account;
Step 3. Shut down your phone manually, and hold Volume down key and Power button to enter Fastboot mode;
Step 4. Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click "Unlock".

if you have problems unlocking the phone just follow this
http://en.miui.com/thread-202290-1-1.html

Last edited:
Reactions: stevie
To install TWRP

Power off your device and turn it back on Fastboot mode. In order to enter the "fastboot mode", press and hold "Power+Volume Down" buttons
Connetc phone to pc

And type
fastboot devices
fastboot reboot recovery

l
Downloaded twrp.img, copied to adb folder
I typed fastboot devices, : "xxxxx fastboot",
I then typed fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
Error message, :" error: cannot load ’recovery.img‘

I now got into twrp.

what should i do now? side load or install?

I am on china rom so I think I should sideload before I can get to 6/12/22

Last edited:
I now got into twrp.

what should i do now? side load or install?

I am on china rom so I think I should sideload before I can get to 6/12/22
No sideload
Just donwload booth rooms 6/22/12and latest developer copy to internal memory and flash by twrp

If you installed android 7 latest developer rom, you need to unlock bootloader again and install twrp again just do what i mention before on above mensage

Yes but with the upgrade to androi 7 the bootloader will be locked and you lose twrp
Noted. I got a feeling that I might get the error message again "dtb not found" even if I were to delete the twrp.img image from ADB and re-download and copy twrp.img to ADB folder. So far that's the case. But it worked from the fresh download new link you gave me. Or "cannot load recovery.img"

Noted. I got a feeling that I might get the error message again "dtb not found" even if I were to delete the twrp.img image from ADB and re-download and copy twrp.img to ADB folder. So far that's the case. But it worked from the fresh download new link you gave me. Or "cannot load recovery.img"
Have you renamed from twrp.img to recovery.img? If not it wont flash

Have you renamed from twrp.img to recovery.img? If not it wont flash
I got the bootloader unlocked.
Just renamed the twrp.img to recovery.img
I typed fastboot recovery recovery.img, here are the messages:
target reported max download size of 53nnnnnnn bytes (53GB)
sending 'recovery' (29144 KB)...
OKAY [0.794s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [0.399s]
finished, total time: 1.289s

I then typed fastboot reboot recovery, many words coming out row and row of the command prompt screen but the phone is still showing the fastboot icon, did not flash

Sorry, I forgot to recopy the twrp.img to the adb folder...

Update:
This time instead of Okay, okay, when I typed fastboot recovery recovery.img, row and row of words on the screen. Then I typed fastboot reboot recovery, again row and row of words.

Sorry I couldn't attach the pix of the screen messages. It just didn't work
I typed fastboot flast recovery recovery.img, Okay Okay then typed fastboot reboot recovery but row of row of words.

Is the command 'fastboot reboot recovery' correct?

Last edited:
To install recovery
fastboot devices
fastboot reboot recovery

Dont forget to remane twrp.img to recovery.img

To install recovery
fastboot devices
fastboot reboot recovery

Dont forget to remane twrp.img to recovery.img
I did it all over again. changed the img name to recovery, typed the 3 commands, I got the same result.

ok just send me a PM when you want.
Hi Helder,

I managed to flash to the lastest eu rom stable! MiUI 8.2.1.0 Stable. Feeling great.
I did flash twice to 6/12/22 developer and to latest Stable rom. Installed twice twrp. Just to inform that after each time flash it did not lock the bootloader. Now my phone bootloader is unlocked
Once again I would like to say a BIG Thank You.