Mi-One Battery

May 15, 2012
Hey!

I don't know about other users here having M1 but my phone has something seriously wrong with the battery. Many times a day my phone keeps restarting without any warning (esp. when calling) and after the phone boots again the battery is almost empty.

Anyone else experienced same? Here is a screenshot attached! 2012-06-03 20.47.23.png

Try this:

go to: data/system and delete "batterystats.bin"

recharge full battery and redo delete "batterystats.bin"

reboot

Having the same problem! Don't think it's the battery though, since after a manual reboot the battery is fine again.
This only seems to happen at lower battery levels. Not sure what's causing it!?

Thought it was just me as I'm on the Chinese mione_plus-userdebug 4.0.4 QDR65 tet-keys build.

Having the same problem! Don't think it's the battery though, since after a manual reboot the battery is fine again.

Thought it was just me as I'm on the Chinese mione_plus-userdebug 4.0.4 QDR65 tet-keys build.
Ye it's pretty much random, it sometimes happens more often and sometimes rarely. Anyway I will later check out what Swos suggested!

Strange. I am on the Chinese ROM currently (going to China soon so seemed appropriate) and as I said I haven't experienced this. I am picking up a spare battery I bought from Xiaomi while I am there so check to see if it makes any difference

I am starting to think this problem is caused by hardware problem since I am currently running newest MIUI 2.6.1. The crashes are random. It can happen anytime anywhere even if the phone is in my pocket. (It happened in GB ROM as well as in all ICS ROMS)

Is there anyway to get debug log or something out of the device?

omg no!

U have root permission? I hope yes....

btw data/system is not empy!

20120607193226.png

Attachments

• 2012-06-07 19.32.26.png
    2012-06-07 19.32.26.png
    51 KB · Views: 323
I'm still having this issue and it's starting to be a problem!

Ville, the logcat you uploaded I assume that was after the reboot occured! Therefore it won't contain the reason for the reboot!?

Is there a log anywhere which actually captures the reason for the reboot?

Thanks

Hello,

I think I've found the problem. I have read in the Chinese forums a bit.
Most say that it's a hardware problem. Just say the battery contacts have a problem.
My workarounds is: I have pressed the battery with a piece of cardboard down closer to the contacts.
This is I've done a week ago. Since no more rebooting.
Before, I had several restarts every day.

Sorry for my bad english.

Hello,

I think I've found the problem. I have read in the Chinese forums a bit.
Most say that it's a hardware problem. Just say the battery contacts have a problem.
My workarounds is: I have pressed the battery with a piece of cardboard down closer to the contacts.
This is I've done a week ago. Since no more rebooting.
Before, I had several restarts every day.

Sorry for my bad english.
Your English is really good enough to explain the solution! I am now going to try this idea and see if the problem is solved. Anyway if this is not working i am going to buy a cheap replacement to original battery to see if that fixes the problem. I've suspected something like this already for a while and it's nice to hear I am not the only one with this problem.

I wish I understood Chinese, since the user base out there is so huge the problems are solved fast!

I'll tell you the out come soon!

Have same problem here...did someone already try the Swos solution? My phone restarts and i can`t catch the error log using catlog...

Your English is really good enough to explain the solution! I am now going to try this idea and see if the problem is solved. Anyway if this is not working i am going to buy a cheap replacement to original battery to see if that fixes the problem. I've suspected something like this already for a while and it's nice to hear I am not the only one with this problem.

I wish I understood Chinese, since the user base out there is so huge the problems are solved fast!

I'll tell you the out come soon!
Sorry for digging up an old topic, but you managed to solve the problem with the battery? Sorry for my bad English.

Solved!

Link:

http://miuiandroid.com/community/threads/random-restarts-kernel-panic.17809/page-3#post-158922