Mi Pad 4 - China Stable to EU Stable.

Nemix

Members
May 14, 2019
Hi,

I've been playing around with the latest China Stable 10.3.1.0 on my Mi Pad 4 for the past couple weeks and decided to install the EU Stable 10.3.1.0.

I've played around and used many methods to install the EU Stable ROM, from clean wipes (dalvnik, cache, data and system wiped) before installing to just a straight upgrade install (no wipes) from China Stable.

I noticed with a clean wipe install my Wi-Fi does not auto-start when the device is rebooted or turned off and turned on again.

With a straight upgrade install (no wipes) from China Stable, my Wi-Fi auto-starts perfectly after a reboot or system off.

I'm wondering, is it better to just stay on a clean install with the Wi-Fi auto-start bug (it's clearly a bug, I can replicate it each time with a clean wipe install) or should I stay on the straight upgrade install (no wipes) from China Stable where Wi-Fi auto-start works perfectly?

Are there any disadvantages from a straight upgrade from China Stable to EU Stable without wiping?

Thanks for the reply,

I'll stick with my clean wipe install of the EU Stable ROM. So far I'm impressed and really loving the Xiaomi EU ROM.

I bought this tablet in the summer last year for school and it came with fake Stable ROM 9.6.7.0 from seller. I only considered upgrading to China Stable ROM 10.3.1.0 recently because I'm really busy with class.

But the China ROM has too many things I do not like: location does not work (I'm in Canada) in apps, some Chinese text still left even when English is selected (has to do with the system/apps not the ROM itself) and most importantly notification for many messenger/email apps were not working correctly.

Thank god Xiaomi EU is releasing MIUI 10 ROMS because this tablet does not have a Global ROM and probably will never get one.

Thanks again,

Reactions: iamme729
I found a fix to the problem!

Apparently it's related to LTE services being mixed up on the EU ROM on non LTE Mi Pad 4 models...

This is just insight from lots of trial and error plus some intuition from my studies in IT and Linux courses I'm taking.

I uninstalled these system apps/services related to LTE and voila, Wi-Fi now auto connects from shut-down and reboots:

com.qualcomm.embms - eMBMS (Evolved Multimedia Broadcast and Multicast Service) is a broadcast / multicast technology. Only in the world, LTE-B only 5 operators launched in their networks. Another 30+ are just investing.And Russia is not among them. In short, a useless application for CIS countries. But I left him. Who knows how it affects the usual LTE.

com.qualcomm.qcrilmsgtunnel - Something about switching communications between 2G / 3G / 4G standards. In short, this is a connection again, so I don’t touch it.

com.android.carrierdefaultapp - I will not say for sure, but as far as I could understand, this application is somehow connected with the control of received / sent mobile Internet traffic. More precisely, it seems and there is a traffic monitoring / counting service. Where you set a quota for the month. According to posts on the Internet, some were helped by the removal of this garbage, if there are problems with access to the Internet, when the limit is set for a month. I decided to leave.

com.android.carrierconfig - From Google translator "carrier configuration android". It seems that it is not necessary and try.

com.quicinc.cne.CNEService - Something related to mobile and Wi-Fi traffic. I think you should not pull the cat by the balls.

Resource: https://translate.google.ca/translate?hl=en&sl=ru&u=https://4pda.ru/forum/lofiversion/index.php?t921645.html&prev=search

I used XiaomiADBFastbootTools to uninstall the system apps/services via ADB USB (non root). Just create a text and copy all those system apps/services and save the file in case you want to reinstall the system app/service in the future using XiaomiADBFastbootTools.

In XiaomiADBFastbootTools copy and paste the above system apps/services using 'Add apps to the list' through Uninstaller mode. To reinstall (assuming you saved a text of the system apps/services) just copy and paste the uninstalled system apps/services using also using the 'Add apps to the list' through Reinstaller mode.

XiaomiADBFastbootTools needs Java.

Link: https://github.com/Saki-EU/XiaomiADBFastbootTools/releases/

Link: https://www.java.com/en/download/

Good luck!

Reactions: iamme729