Mi Router app not working correctly?

cobben

Members
Dec 2, 2017
I have been using the MI Router app for several years with our old MI Mini routers with no problems.

Now it can't access the routers settings or the USB disk, but will show attached devices correctly.

The router is working normally, can be accessed through the usual web management page.
All other apps I use can access the disk on the router, also my Win 10 tablet, only the MI Router app cannot.

Anyone else have this problem?
Clearing app data, unpairing and re-pairing did not help.
Same problem, no difference using Note 2, Mix1, Max1.

??

Last edited:
After reading some of the very negative comnents about the Mi Router app on Play store, I think that the app has become defective, and is just not currently usable.

It was very convenient for a few things, like setting up downloads directly to the disk on the router, but I can get along without it.

After reading some of the very negative comnents about the Mi Router app on Play store, I think that the app has become defective, and is just not currently usable.

It was very convenient for a few things, like setting up downloads directly to the disk on the router, but I can get along without it.

It took me a LOT to get this working but now it looks like I've made it! On the APP I had to specify that my Region was Mainland China, tough.

My current specs are:

Router: ROM 2.16.15 (Stable)
APP: 4.0.6 (Stable)

Good luck,
Vitor

It took me a LOT to get this working but now it looks like I've made it! On the APP I had to specify that my Region was Mainland China, tough.)

My current specs are:

Router: ROM 2.16.15 (Stable)
APP: 4.0.6 (Stable)

Good luck,
Vitor

I got mine to work by switching back and forth between Europe & Mainland China.
(Only China works, of course.)

Not quite sure what worked, probably when I did it via the router web interface instead if within the app.

Or perhaps the Mi Home app was messing with the router.

Last edited:
I got mine to work by switching back and forth between Europe & Mainland China.
(Only China works, of course.)

nice!

Were you able to get the storage feature working fine??

I just can't reach my storage drive with the APP when I'm out of the WiFi network (i can reach the router, see its status, browse the drive contents, but I can't open any file). Also, when I'm on the router's network I can only get lousy rates with my USB 3.0 external drive ( ~ 25 MB/s).

nice!

Were you able to get the storage feature working fine??

I just can't reach my storage drive with the APP when I'm out of the WiFi network (i can reach the router, see its status, browse the drive contents, but I can't open any file). Also, when I'm on the router's network I can only get lousy rates with my USB 3.0 external drive ( ~ 25 MB/s).

Yes, everything was working normally again, including that I can access the disk on the router over the mobile network from my phone, not only via WiFi

This was at the house in Sweden, our router in Latvia is used in the wifi extender mode, and the router app does not seem to work with that, though the disk connected to the router is accessible from the computers and phones on the wifi network.

Hi, and I thought I'm alone with my problem :emoji_blush: , Router HD PRO with 1 TB , everything works except that I can't see the storage area on my phone. It alwys say "can't connect to the network" and can't up or download

Reactions: Pablo-BJ
Hi, and I thought I'm alone with my problem :emoji_blush: , Router HD PRO with 1 TB , everything works except that I can't see the storage area on my phone. It alwys say "can't connect to the network" and can't up or download

I use the app Foldersync to transfer files to and from the disk on our routers.

You can use the app Total Commander with an addon to actually look at the folders on the router disk and copy files, but it is not all that dependable.

I use the app Foldersync to transfer files to and from the disk on our routers.

You can use the app Total Commander with an add-on to actually look at the folders on the router disk and copy files, but it is not all that dependable.

Hmmm I don't think that's what the guy meant, looks like he can't browse the contents of the HD plugged to the router over the phone.

You could enable SAMBA for the phone on the router settings app. In order to browse the contents of the HD from my PC I had to tap my PC from the "connected devices list" on the app and then turn SAMBA on for "that device". That made my HD visible as an network drive right on Windows Explorer without the need of any third part softs.

EDIT: I'm still stuck with EXTREMELY slow file transfers from the HD when I'm using the APP out of the WiFi network. I've got a fully functional 10 Mbps link at home and a 5 Mbps Download 4G plan on the cell, even so I get something like 23 KB/s when I try to reach any file from the HD. :(

Hmmm I don't think that's what the guy meant, looks like he can't browse the contents of the HD plugged to the router over the phone.

You could enable SAMBA for the phone on the router settings app. In order to browse the contents of the HD from my PC I had to tap my PC from the "connected devices list" on the app and then turn SAMBA on for "that device". That made my HD visible as an network drive right on Windows Explorer without the need of any third part softs.

EDIT: I'm still stuck with EXTREMELY slow file transfers from the HD when I'm using the APP out of the WiFi network. I've got a fully functional 10 Mbps link at home and a 5 Mbps Download 4G plan on the cell, even so I get something like 23 KB/s when I try to reach any file from the HD. :(

Well, the problem we have with the old MI Mini router when it is used in wifi extending / repeater mode is that the Mi Wifi app does not work at all, does not "see" the router.

But we can access the hard disk anyway.
Through the Foldersync app on the phones, and by just connecting a network disk on the Windows PC.

Hi, what I meant to say is that the Mi Router app does not work 100% . Not on Android phones and not on Iphone. I can easily upload / download files with my Ipad ( i.e with an app called Filebrowser ) but not with the mobilephones. That also results in not being able to backup my phones locally to the router.
Strangely the first connection to the router after an reboot works, after that no more.