Mi Router R3 Dropping Multiple Devices

fastrax

Members
Jun 5, 2017
Hi,

I have had my mi router R3 for a while now and am having some issues. I use the router on my Plex server and stream video content to a chromecast. Everything works until you have multiple devices work.

For example... we will be watching something on the chromecast served by plex. No problems or issues... then myself and my girlfriend will start using our phones and the router will stop serving video, and the internet will stop working on our mobiles too.

Its rather frustrating to say the least. I have come to the conclusion the router is the issue. It seems to be struggling with video streaming and multiple mobile devices and is going non responsive for maybe a minute.

Anyone got any tips or tricks?

Thanks!

Hi,

I have had my mi router R3 for a while now and am having some issues. I use the router on my Plex server and stream video content to a chromecast. Everything works until you have multiple devices work.

For example... we will be watching something on the chromecast served by plex. No problems or issues... then myself and my girlfriend will start using our phones and the router will stop serving video, and the internet will stop working on our mobiles too.

Its rather frustrating to say the least. I have come to the conclusion the router is the issue. It seems to be struggling with video streaming and multiple mobile devices and is going non responsive for maybe a minute.

Anyone got any tips or tricks?

Thanks!
is the router using QoS ? also are you connecting with 5G or 2.4G? additionally which ROM version and which router 3? CE or Chinese?

Hi, I have had QoS (Traffic Management) on and off and it doesn't make any difference. I have both 5g and 2.4g on, the connections are predominantly off 2.4g. The current version is 2.10.31

Hi, I have had QoS (Traffic Management) on and off and it doesn't make any difference. I have both 5g and 2.4g on, the connections are predominantly off 2.4g. The current version is 2.10.31
Chinese or CE router?

Sorry I am unsure, is there an way I can determine this?

It was this exact model purchased of AliExpress aliexpress.com/item/Xiaomi-WIFI-Router-3-ROM-128MB-1167Mbps-Support-2-4GHz-5GHz-wi-fi-Dual-band-4/32683853540.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.0.pHq12y

It was brought with the AU plug as I am based in NZ.

been having the same issue with the same router have the current ENGLISH rom from here flashed and was bought from aliexpress... Am UK

been having the same issue with the same router have the current ENGLISH rom from here flashed and was bought from aliexpress... Am UK
what about the Chinese ROM, does it work with that without issues? or same?