Mi Security Camera 360 2K Pro infrared night vision stops working

egyjooerik

Members
Apr 14, 2023
Hi all,

I bought this camera almost 2 months ago. When I first checked all the features, everything seemed fine, including the night vision: I could clearly see a black and white but completely bright image of my living room even though it was pitch black in there. Then I didn't need this feature for a while but after some time, a few days ago, I wanted to check on my pets at night and and all I saw was a dark blurry image. Please note that during the day the quality of the stream was and still is impeccable. We haven't made any changes in the living room or moved the camera. So far I've tried:

- Disabling then re-enabling night vision settings
- Rebooting my phone
- Rebooting the camera
- Completely deleting the camera from the Xiaomi app then adding it again from scratch
- Factory resetting the camera
- Preventing the firmware update
- Allowing the firmware update

None of the above worked, only a pitch black image streaming from the camera. What worked for an hour or so, however, was completely deleting the app from my phone, then installing it again, new sign in, and, to see if it makes any difference, I set China as region. Then I added the camera from scratch and boom it was working, a bright black and white video from the room again. For like an hour, then when I opened the app again, it was pitch black like before.

I have no idea if this is a camera or app, or a hardware or software issue, but I can't keep the device if the night vision isn't working, I will have to return it.

Did anyone else come across anything like this? Does anyone know a fix for this?

Thanks,

Erik

Hey! I have the same issue. I have had the camera since July and yesterday night vision stopped working out of nowhere. The camera works fine during the day though. I tried everything.

Did you manage to find a solution?

Reactions: Millie123
Hey! I have the same issue. I have had the camera since July and yesterday night vision stopped working out of nowhere. The camera works fine during the day though. I tried everything.

Did you manage to find a solution?

I got in touch with the webstore and returned it for a technical check. They couldn't fix it so I got a new one. No problems with that one ever since.

I use xiomi camera for almost two years , same caamera will lost connect after six to nine month , must reconnect again ( by delete the camera from mi account and reconnect again ) some camera after more then a year lost connect and cannot connect again