Mi Unlock Says No Need To Unlock, But Its Locked on Developer Settings - Xioami 12 Pro

raybumagat

Members
Sep 6, 2022
Hi

I followed TOPFONE4U tutorial on youtube on:

-how to unlock bootloader - went good and I waited 7 days, was able to unlock my phone.
-followed install ADB
-I followed his Install EU ROM on Mi 11ultra / ANY Mi Devices - I didn't proceed because on his tutorial, the TWRP.img is only for Mi 11 ultra/Mi 11.
-I saw another tutorial on youtube by running the first install .bat file during fastboot. As it runs, some of the wiping have failed and when I boot up my phone, it lead me to MIUI Menu 5.0 which only leads me to wiping my data.

Now, I booted with Bootloader locked and still Global. I tried to unlock it again using Mi Unlock but it says, "No need to Unlock this Device, it is already unlocked" but on the developer options, it is still saying that it is locked.

I even created a new Mi Account but that does not help as well. Quite in a dead end. Need your help. Thanks!

Download your preferred rom from this site that matches your device, get the fastboot version (mentioned in the file name) in the download links, since it's easier, can be updated later if it's not latest. Since your phone is already unlocked, hold power button and make it reboot, start holding volume down button, the phone goes to fastboot mode, connect the phone to PC via usb. Unzip the rom you previously downloaded and run windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat, once the phone restarts, you'll have xiaomi.eu installed.

Download your preferred rom from this site that matches your device, get the fastboot version (mentioned in the file name) in the download links, since it's easier, can be updated later if it's not latest. Since your phone is already unlocked, hold power button and make it reboot, start holding volume down button, the phone goes to fastboot mode, connect the phone to PC via usb. Unzip the rom you previously downloaded and run windows_fastboot_first_install_with_data_format.bat, once the phone restarts, you'll have xiaomi.eu installed.
hi, thanks it is weird that it didn't worked the first time. i followed your suggestion and it works like magic. now my phone boots in eu rom.