Mi Unlock Status | Connect to network and try again

I was referring to the phone number. I also couldn't change the Region and that's why I ended up creating new account

I was referring to the phone number. I also couldn't change the Region and that's why I ended up creating new account
My Miui doesn't allow input country at all. I don't have a Singapore number, so I input the USA number.

update: Mine is working, it keep saying "can't verify info, wait 1 or 2 minutes" many times. I changed the vpn from around the world, still same. Just connected the mi unlock tool. It's showing 167 hours.

Last edited:
I think this issue has to do something with Europe, today i fixed this issue on my device.

Steps to fix:

1. Change Region Settings to Singapore (Settings App -> Additional Settings -> Region -> Singapore)
2. Use a Singapore VPN (Don't disconnect the VPN till the end.)
3. Log out from your Mi Account
4. Click on create an account, make sure your VPN is still connected and choose Country/Region to Singapore and create a new mi account
5. Go to Mi Unlock Status and it should work now

These are the steps which I followed to get this issue fixed. Tell me if it works for you.
THANK YOU SO MUCH IT FINALLY WORKED OMG

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-02-07-08-48-08-808_com.android.settings.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-02-07-08-48-08-808_com.android.settings.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 252
Reactions: Kristianidis
Ok you all, i will share my experience with you all. I had the same problem with Mi Unlock previously too. it will drive you mad.

For example, I didn't received any OTP-SMS Messages or device is not associate to a Mi Account.

here are my fix:

1) Log-out and Log in to your Xiaomi Account.
2) Go back to developer mode -> Bootloader unlock -> add again
3) Wait 168 hours
4) On that very day, if you don't receive any SMS, or number of tries had reach it limit
5) try a different IP address to bypass number of tries sms otp limit reached
6) or use recovery email to receive OTP codes.
7) reset your mi online account password.
8) Login with your email address instead of phone number. or otherwise.
9) close and reopen the Mi Unlock tool -> there is an option for you to choose OTP received code via email instead of SMS. or otherwise.