Invalid [Mi10] 20.8.13 - Full screen gesture, swipe up not working

rdTarget

Members
Aug 28, 2019
Today I installed the weekly build for Mi 10 on my phone, and overall it seems smooth. But when I enable Full Screen gestures, the two gestures where you have to swipe up are not working. All the other gestures works just fine.
I tried rebooting and clearing data/cache for the System Launcher app, but it doesn't solve the problem.
Something tells me I had the same problem on my Mi 9 back last year, when MIUI 11 was introduced, but I can't remember how it was solved.

I came from the stock Global Rom, before flashing this rom.
I started by installing this TWRP: TWRP-3.4.2B-0623-XIAOMI10-CN
Then I did format Data and installed first Disable_Dm-Verity_ForceEncrypt_01.19.2020.zip and then xiaomi.eu_multi_MI10_20.8.7_v12-11.zip
At last I wiped Cache + Dalvik and rebooted to the rom.

Anyone else experiencing problems with full screen gestures on this rom?
Any help appreciated.

Yup, same problem on both 20.8.7 and 20.6.18

On 20.6.18 the gestures only work with a third party launcher, but they do not work with the stock MIUI launcher.\

On 20.8.7 it was worse, gestures wouldn't work on any launcher.

Prior to that, I had MIUI 12.0.1.0 stable and everything worked as expected (which makes sense given it was a stable version).

Reactions: rdTarget
On 20.6.18 the gestures only work with a third party launcher, but they do not work with the stock MIUI launcher.\

On 20.8.7 it was worse, gestures wouldn't work on any launcher.

FS gestures work in stock launcher on Mi 10 Pro.
They only suddenly stop working from time to time...
Besides, reading about all the bugs in the latest 20.8.7, I really hesitate to flash...

Thank you both for the replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I'm using Apex Launcher, I guess I forgot to mention that. :-D

Do we know whether it's a Xiaomi.eu bug, or it's a bug in the Xiaomi sources?

Reactions: AlexxWishez
Thank you both for the replies. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
I'm using Apex Launcher, I guess I forgot to mention that. :-D

Do we know whether it's a Xiaomi.eu bug, or it's a bug in the Xiaomi sources?
As those gestures are now part of the System launcher rather than the System UI, they need the System launcher to be set as default. Not sure why it doesn't fallback to System UI gestures though, might be an official MIUI issue.

This issue has been probably fixed by Xiaomi on their latest Alpha launcher release, so you've to wait for their Stable launcher release with fix.
Great to hear that.
I'll just use the good, old buttons in the meantime. :D
As long as the bug has been addressed and resolved. :)

I dirty flashed the 20.8.13 over 6.18 on the Mi 10 Pro. Everything fine so far. But I had to manually choose the MIUI launcher in settings again, since it wasn't marked and FS gestures didn't work. But after doing so, the gestures work.

I dirty flashed the 20.8.13 over 6.18 on the Mi 10 Pro. Everything fine so far. But I had to manually choose the MIUI launcher in settings again, since it wasn't marked and FS gestures didn't work. But after doing so, the gestures work.
I can confirm that. If I select the System Launcher as my default launcher, the gestures work as they should. But when I then again select Apex Launcher as my default launcher, the swipe up gesture no longer works...
I'm continuing using the buttons until it's completely fixed, hopefully soon. :)

I can confirm that. If I select the System Launcher as my default launcher, the gestures work as they should. But when I then again select Apex Launcher as my default launcher, the swipe up gesture no longer works...
I'm continuing using the buttons until it's completely fixed, hopefully soon. :)
I used Nova Launcher for years without bigger issues. But in the meantime I got used to MIUI stock launcher. Why using a different launcher anyway...

EDIT: In Nova the FS gestures also work.

Last edited:
I used Nova Launcher for years without bigger issues. But in the meantime I got used to MIUI stock launcher. Why using a different launcher anyway...

EDIT: In Nova the FS gestures also work.
I must admit, I haven't really tried the MIUI stock launcher. I've been using Apex on all my phones for the last 7-8 years, and I have everything set up and configured just the way I like it. So I guess it's just and old habit. And it have been working fine on my Mi 9 with FS gestures and Apex Launcher. It's only on my new Mi 10 the swipe up gesture isn't working.
Did you do anything to get the FS swipe up gesture to work in Nova? Sounds weird if it should be working in Nova and not Apex...
When I flashed 20.8.13 today I dirty flashed (like you) and cleared Cache + Dalvik.

Edit: Just tried enabling FS gestures again, and when I'm on the home screen in Apex Launcher, the swipe up + hold works. But as soon as I'm in an app or settings or just anywhere else than the home screen, the swipe up does not work. When Apex is default launcher...

Last edited:
I decided to give the stock launcher a shot, and there's two deal breakers for me. :)
No resizing of widgets...
A maximum of 7 rows and 6 columns on the home screen... I Apex I have 10 rows and 7 columns, which allows me to have all the content I need on my home screen on one screen, so there's no need for scrolling through multiple home screens.
And when I switched launcher to the system launcher, I noticed that the recents list was empty? Not sure if it's a bug, but when changing back to Apex the recents list was complete again.

I decided to give the stock launcher a shot, and there's two deal breakers for me. :)
No resizing of widgets...
A maximum of 7 rows and 6 columns on the home screen... I Apex I have 10 rows and 7 columns, which allows me to have all the content I need on my home screen on one screen, so there's no need for scrolling through multiple home screens.
And when I switched launcher to the system launcher, I noticed that the recents list was empty? Not sure if it's a bug, but when changing back to Apex the recents list was complete again.
If you don't like multiple home screens, maybe you should try the app drawer ;)
Resizing of widgets is possible in stock launcher.
Just long click on the widget and move it a bit.
A blue frame around the widget will appear, which is for resizing.
10 rows?? That must look confusing on your screen XD

If you don't like multiple home screens, maybe you should try the app drawer ;)
Resizing of widgets is possible in stock launcher.
Just long click on the widget and move it a bit.
A blue frame around the widget will appear, which is for resizing.
10 rows?? That must look confusing on your screen XD
I am using the app drawer. :-D
The most of the space on the home screen are used for widgets. About a quarter of the screen are used for icons/folders. In my current setup it gives me room for 3 x 5 icons. I just tried to resize the widgets in the stock launcher, and that only leaves room for 2 x 3 icons (3 x 3 if I squeeze one of the widgets a little).
It could be acceptable, but I really prefer the very customizable Apex Launcher. Also I feel like there's a lot of "air" and empty space in the default launcher... :)
But I'll try to use the stock launcher for a bit, to see if I fall in love with it. :-D

Below you can see my setup in Apex.
Screenshot_2020-08-14-13-13-24-174_com.anddoes.launcher.jpg

Reactions: AlexxWishez
I can imagine how you feel about leaving the comfort zone of Apex XD
It was the same for me with Nova.
To this day I still have Nova installed (just in case)...
Good luck!

Is there any update? I'm having this problem on poco f2 pro nova launcher on 20.8.25

Hi all, same issue on xiaomi.eu 20.9.4 stable.. someone found a solution?

Inviato dal mio Mi 10 utilizzando Tapatalk

Android 11 doesn't have the legacy "MIUI Gesture Controller" that existed on Android 10 and lower. We don't expect a solution to this anytime soon.

Still nothig.
I worked it around installing Infinity gestures, gets the job done pretty well.
Thanks for the hint.
I've bought the app, and it works okay. The only challenge I have with it is, that when sliding and holding from either the left or right side, I'd like it to switch directly to the previous used app. But instead it just open the "recents" list.
But the gestures work well enough for me to finally get the full screen back again (hiding the navigation buttons). :-D

Android 11 doesn't have the legacy "MIUI Gesture Controller" that existed on Android 10 and lower. We don't expect a solution to this anytime soon.
Thank you for the clarification. It's good to know, that we shouldn't hold our breath waiting for a fix. :cool: