mi11 focus

4LEKSI

Members
Jul 14, 2019
Hey! Has anybody encountered issues with mi11 main camera not focusing longer that about 40cm? It doesn't focus far even with pro mode focus slider set to infinity. only way to get it to focus is with autofocus, tapping the screen to start autofocus and then tapping the phone body to force the camera to move, this way it sometimes gets the focus close to what it should be, but I'm afraid that it will damage the sensor even more if it's damaged. and certainly not very usable.

Last time the focus worked normaly was around mid june and not changed ever since with software updates, I'm currently running eu 12.6 21.9.1 Beta. The issue is only on the main sensor, and is persist in all modes, photo, video, scanner etc. (disabling and enabling video stabilisation doesn't do anything to the issue) For now I have tried wiping (official) camera app cache, data. No difference, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* has same issue. I have lastly tried factory resetting the device without, and with wiping all data, no change.

I have treid the extended cit menu camera calibration, with multiple "calibration" pictures (does anybody know which I need to use for it) and it fails every time. If anyone could come up with suggestion that I could try, or any similar issue, comment below, I'm considering it now more and more a hardware failure. I have dropped the phone couple of times but can't remember dropping it around thath time it started having the issue.

Screenshot_2021-10-14-09-41-25-440_com.xiaomi.cameratools.jpg

another off topic is the dual led flash, only the bottom led turns on, and this has been always like that, so Could I have received faulty unit?

Reactions: oebear
I have the same problem. Any fix for that? Or is a hardware fail? I had to shake my phone until far object are focus

I also have the same problem with my Mi 11. I believe it is not a really common problem with this phone. Looked on the internet for a solution. I didn't find it. So the first thing I did was to send it out for repair via my network provider (they have their own repair partner). When I got it back the issue was not resolved.
Next week I am going to a Mi store in my country, hopefully they can get a solution for this problem. I really like my Mi 11, only this problem is a bit annoying. I will report back if I have the issue sorted out.

Reactions: oebear and Kh07lid
Is there anything new about the Mi 11 autofocus not working problem
I'll try a hard reset without success... In a forum recommend me a flash clean, but I have to wait 7 days for unlock the fastboot to install an image. Anybody already do that, for avoid me the waste of time?

Reactions: Kh07lid
any new about this problem? its so annoying... realy disappointed with xiaomi after changing from Samsung

I'll try a hard reset without success... In a forum recommend me a flash clean, but I have to wait 7 days for unlock the fastboot to install an image. Anybody already do that, for avoid me the waste of time?
Do not try, I have flashed the phone many times with Chinese, Indonesian and global ROMs, but to no avail. I think it is a hardware problem.
The camera must be changed Really disappointing

Our last hope is Miui 13 with Android 12... Please, the first person who has the beta ir stable version installed, let the rest know. let's not lose faith companions.

Is there anything new?
I have contacted Xiaomi about the issue. The second repair made the problem worse... All of the cameras did not work anymore. After contacting the reseller from which I bought it originally they came with the solution to repair it for the third time... It did not gave me the total confidence that it would be fixed after this time. With some talking to their support team they are sending me a total new unit this week. Not the fix I really hoped for but there was no other way.

Let's hope that the new unit is perfect and doesn't have this issue.

I've resigned myself to the pain of living with that camera problem, I haven't had the equipment for a year yet and I wouldn't want to buy another one.

At least when you hit the camera it takes the photo super well, but for what I pay for the phone it doesn't seem fair.

I have had Mi11 for like 8 months now and I am super happy with the camera results. I even took a picture of the moon a few days back and it's awesome. The only issue I have with this phone is that there is no1:1/Square video mode in the built-in app. Aso when you try to make product videos with this phone, it blurs out the product on the edges, and that's a common issue with huge sensors like Mi11 (108MP) besides these 2 issue, the camera is even better than my Canon rebel T6i

Hey! Has anybody encountered issues with mi11 main camera not focusing longer that about 40cm? It doesn't focus far even with pro mode focus slider set to infinity. only way to get it to focus is with autofocus, tapping the screen to start autofocus and then tapping the phone body to force the camera to move, this way it sometimes gets the focus close to what it should be, but I'm afraid that it will damage the sensor even more if it's damaged. and certainly not very usable.

Last time the focus worked normaly was around mid june and not changed ever since with software updates, I'm currently running eu 12.6 21.9.1 Beta. The issue is only on the main sensor, and is persist in all modes, photo, video, scanner etc. (disabling and enabling video stabilisation doesn't do anything to the issue) For now I have tried wiping (official) camera app cache, data. No difference, *no-support-for-this-app-on-this-forum* has same issue. I have lastly tried factory resetting the device without, and with wiping all data, no change.

I have treid the extended cit menu camera calibration, with multiple "calibration" pictures (does anybody know which I need to use for it) and it fails every time. If anyone could come up with suggestion that I could try, or any similar issue, comment below, I'm considering it now more and more a hardware failure. I have dropped the phone couple of times but can't remember dropping it around thath time it started having the issue.

View attachment 39206
another off topic is the dual led flash, only the bottom led turns on, and this has been always like that, so Could I have received faulty unit?
I am using Mi11 for 9 months and I live the same issue in main camera, not the others. When I hit from side I find it more focused. Probably it is a hardware problem not a software problem (now using miui 13). I will contact the service and give feedback again.

I have the same issue too. It is stupid that we pay so much to buy a flagship xiaomi device only to end up with these inconveniences even my poco f1 with one camera focuses and takes better pcitures than my mi 11. Honestly love android but definetly without a doubt last time buying a xiaomi phone. Only had the mi 11 for 8 moths and i regret it. Will probably buy a Samsung or iphone after this shithole of an experience.

yes hello

if you are stuck focus at short range, please hit the phone on the desk, screen DOWN to the desk. like you want to break the screen. Hit the edge of the screen. It helps if you have a phone case to protect the phone.

LENS DIRECTION:

Lens move OUT(to outside of phone): macro focus
Lens move IN(into the phone, bury inside): FAR focus

so, if it is stuck on far focus, drop the phone on its back

if it is stuck at macro focus, drop the phone on its screen

This fixed my problem

I've now had the same problem for a month, prior to that everything had been working fine for more than a year and a half.

Camera doesn't focus on objects far away. Gentle tapping on the screen a few times makes it focus, but after changing the zoom factor it loses the focus again, which is especially frustrating when filming videos.

The problem started during my vacation in Spain, As the Mi 11 isn't IP certified, maybe some tiny sand particles entered the lens...? I did use it on the beach. Could that be an explanation?

I've now had the same problem for a month, prior to that everything had been working fine for more than a year and a half.

Camera doesn't focus on objects far away. Gentle tapping on the screen a few times makes it focus, but after changing the zoom factor it loses the focus again, which is especially frustrating when filming videos.

The problem started during my vacation in Spain, As the Mi 11 isn't IP certified, maybe some tiny sand particles entered the lens...? I did use it on the beach. Could that be an explanation?
I do not suspect water or sand damage. Just bad design with OIS and focus mechanism. Maybe it was dropped accidentally. The lens is free to move, only controlled by a weak electromagnet. You can stuck a neodymium magnet to the screen on the phone. Move the magnet around. You can see the lens move. In camera app it is possible to stick the magnet and force focus.

I found an original spare camera in a Polish online shop. It was built in by professionals at a mobile phone repair shop. The camera works again, as new.

Hola,
The same happened to me as well. We were in Spain for vacation and the focus issues started there. I jad to completely kill the camera app or knock on the screen otherwise I will have blurry pics. Now, my phone is back to reseller for warranty and will see what will be the reult. This is first-time I am having issues with Xiaomi device since Mi 4. I will keep you updated
Hasta pronto

Reactions: rmesaric