Mi11 Ultra IP68 Joke!!!

Oct 4, 2020
My mi11 Ultra felt Into my kitchen sink with water in it. Not long maybe 15sec. Now are the Lens of the Photo not clear and it is not possible to take clear Photos. What the hell ip68 is a Joke!!! What can i do?
I try hot air but the fog Comes Back. Ip68 is a big Joke!!!!!!

• Wow
Reactions: hoangsang
My mi11 Ultra felt Into my kitchen sink with water in it. Not long maybe 15sec. Now are the Lens of the Photo not clear and it is not possible to take clear Photos. What the hell ip68 is a Joke!!! What can i do?
I try hot air but the fog Comes Back. Ip68 is a big Joke!!!!!!
Hmmm, I was at a lake with mine and it got splashed with water but it didn't dive in fully, nothing on mine so far, will try a full dive next time but now I'm scared

Sent from my Mi 11 Ultra.

Well, thats bad luck indeed.... I'd follow the suggestion by @Mark F and use dry rice in a sealed bag over night to remove the last remnants of moisture.

As to the IP68 certification: I am with you that I would have expected that an IP68 rated phone does not develop such an issue in the first place. However it could be that a drop also means some kind of mechanical shock and maybe that water is forced into the phone from the pressure/force of the drop alone - quick search found what Samsung writes on the subject

As an additional comment: I'm not trying to find excuses here (not affiliated by any means with Xiaomi), just explanations :)

@JensHasselbacher you are playing badge luke, after overheating here it is cooled down by a bath, try to make a call, who knows maybe that will have the effect of drying it out

Completely dry rice or even better small packs of silica gel we help and probably solve the problem

Στάλθηκε από το Mi 9 Lite μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Place it in rice, but IP68 only means water resistant, not waterproof. Also, remove your screen protector.

If you can open sim card tray before putting it in bag with rice, so it can help dry faster ? Just be careful, rice cannot get inside sim slot :D

• Haha
Reactions: Poney70
Why trying to dry the phone? Its IP68 -> certified <- Bring it back its a warranty case.

Why trying to dry the phone? Its IP68 -> certified <- Bring it back its a warranty case.

View attachment 37728
A foggy screen can also be due water getting under plastic or glass, screen protector. The issue could be as simple as removing the installed screen protector. There may not be anything actually wrong with the phone. In order to save yourself a lot of embarassment, remove the screen protector first. If the situation persists, throw it in rice. If it still persists, take it back, but be forwarned that IP68 merely means water resistant and not water proof. They will not necessarily honor a repair/replacement depending on the circumstances.