Mi11 Ultra Sudden death

asproxlejanus

Members
Jun 6, 2017
Hello fellas,

After being researching, I really have no idea of what's happening with my phone.

I'm using the latest Xiaomi.eu version on my Mi11 Ultra and It was working perfectly just till today. I found myself with my phone suddenly death after being on a whatsapp call. My phone stopped working and It's strange because If I plug it to the computer, it detects the phone, but there's no feedback of the screen, it's just black!

Even the small screen on the back doesn't answer.

Things that I tried:

- Plugging the charge doesn't do anything
- Plugging it to the computer, it detects as (MTP device) but I can't access the content
- If I try to do "adb devices" it doesn't appear on the list
- If i keep the power button pressed, it vibrates like it's restarting (I guess), but there's no "video"

My guess is something wrong is going on with the screens drivers, but I have no way to reboot on fastboot mode. I also thought it could be something related to the "heat", but after cooling it down, it doesn't work neither.

Have any of you ever experienced something like this? Is there any other troubleshooting I could do?

Thank you in advance

Hello fellas,

After being researching, I really have no idea of what's happening with my phone.

I'm using the latest Xiaomi.eu version on my Mi11 Ultra and It was working perfectly just till today. I found myself with my phone suddenly death after being on a whatsapp call. My phone stopped working and It's strange because If I plug it to the computer, it detects the phone, but there's no feedback of the screen, it's just black!

Even the small screen on the back doesn't answer.

Things that I tried:

- Plugging the charge doesn't do anything
- Plugging it to the computer, it detects as (MTP device) but I can't access the content
- If I try to do "adb devices" it doesn't appear on the list
- If i keep the power button pressed, it vibrates like it's restarting (I guess), but there's no "video"

My guess is something wrong is going on with the screens drivers, but I have no way to reboot on fastboot mode. I also thought it could be something related to the "heat", but after cooling it down, it doesn't work neither.

Have any of you ever experienced something like this? Is there any other troubleshooting I could do?

Thank you in advance
Nope... Is it stable or weekly?

This is an issue from MIUI China itself, Xiaomi.EU does not fix those issues as it's not caused by them.

For now, there's nothing you can do about it, neither the Xiaomi.EU team. Patiently wait for a new update and hopes it fixed your issue!

Reactions: asproxlejanus
This is an issue from MIUI China itself, Xiaomi.EU does not fix those issues as it's not caused by them.

For now, there's nothing you can do about it, neither the Xiaomi.EU team. Patiently wait for a new update and hopes it fixed your issue!
It's really weird, it was working perfectly then suddenly the displays stopped working.

I flashed the latest oficial European ROM through fastboot but I didn't solved the issue. My guess is that the hardware which controls the screen is dead and they will need to replace it.

It's really weird, it was working perfectly then suddenly the displays stopped working.

I flashed the latest oficial European ROM through fastboot but I didn't solved the issue. My guess is that the hardware which controls the screen is dead and they will need to replace it.
It might be, please have this checked with a service center.

For those who wonder what is the final of this thread, no, is not me sending the device to service center.

In the end, I was waiting to come back to Spain to send it to the service center, so I left my phone between my clothes inside my bag, today I took it while packing my things and it's working again!

My guess is that the waterproof thing doesn't work really good, I suppose it got wet somehow and once it had time to dry out, the phone came back to life.

Weird, but at least I can use my phone again.

So, my advice, don't trust the waterproof certificate that comes with the phone.

Thank you all