Mi14 pro CN Rom ( help to switch to Global )

FearSC

Members
Apr 24, 2024
Hello everyone,

Hope you guys can help me out here. I've purchased MI14Pro ( 512+16 )CN when i was in China in January ( when phone was not even released in EU ) so i was hyped alot ofc, because camera is amazing and general performance of device. However, once i have returned to EU things got changed alot. Notifications doesnt work, most of the time ( when i dont touch phone ) somehow it goes to sleep mode and turns off Mobile Data and WIFI and when i unlock the phone, i receive instant all notifications, all emails etc ... Android Auto doesnt work??? Google Timeline doesnt work??? eSIM doesnt work???

So my question here is, am i able ( as a noob, unskilled person ) to switch to Global / EU Rom on my own? Someone to show me tutorial and to do it step by step? Thank you in advance everyone <3

If you didn't get your bootloader unlocked while you were in China, you'll have to pay for an unlocking service as xiaomi has changed the requirements to unlock bootloader in hyperOS.

If it's unlocked, just follow the installation steps in the download threads. Installation is pretty straightforward and the phone will work great.

Reactions: gogocar62
As already written above, if you do not have an unlocked bootloader, you need to find a paid service (for example NCunlock or similar).
Once you have the bootloader unlocked, proceed to install the xiaomi.eu ROM as instructed.

How to check if i have unlocked bootloader or not? ( Im sorry, totally newb here when it comes to jailbreak, root etc ) Thank you so much

How to check if i have unlocked bootloader or not? ( Im sorry, totally newb here when it comes to jailbreak, root etc ) Thank you so much
If you don't know, then you probably don't have it unlocked. Unlocking the bootloader is a very intentional process and for CN versions, you'll need to spend a bit extra for the unlocking at purchase depending on the retailer or a paid service.

The easiest way to check if your bootloader is unlocked is when you reboot, the android screen before the hyperOS loading screen will have an unlocked lock on the top of the screen.

Just so you know, unlocking the bootloader and installing custom roms have nothing to do with rooting.

Reactions: JiaiJ
If you don't know, then you probably don't have it unlocked. Unlocking the bootloader is a very intentional process and for CN versions, you'll need to spend a bit extra for the unlocking at purchase depending on the retailer or a paid service.

The easiest way to check if your bootloader is unlocked is when you reboot, the android screen before the hyperOS loading screen will have an unlocked lock on the top of the screen.

Just so you know, unlocking the bootloader and installing custom roms have nothing to do with rooting.
Before HyperOS screen, i have "MI" logo with "powered by Android" and that's it. Nothing else. I dont have anything locked or unlocked. Is there any other way to check if its unlocked?

Also, can anyone point me to right person / website where can i unlock this? Thank you in advance

Before HyperOS screen, i have "MI" logo with "powered by Android" and that's it. Nothing else. I dont have anything locked or unlocked. Is there any other way to check if its unlocked?

Also, can anyone point me to right person / website where can i unlock this? Thank you in advance
If there's an unlocked padlock at the top of that screen with the "MI" Logo, the device is unlocked. If theres nothing there, it's locked. No other checks needed.

I used this service by NCunlock for my X14 Pro. It looks a bit sketchy but it works.

PS: eSIM doesn't work on EU ROM either. The 14 Pro is a china-only device and therefore it's missing the required hardware module for eSIM.