{MI2}[3.5.17] HUGE Battery Drain.

1elf1

Members
Apr 11, 2013
E:\Screenshot_2013-05-18-19-06-11.png
Hi everyone.

I'm Mi2 user from Israel' and censoriously it's my best buy.
For the last updates iv'e noticed a colossum Battery drain, see attached screenshots.
I was using the phone normally, auto brightness, bluetooth gps and wifi off, 3G always on (need sync to my mail). I know that there is some issue on the snapdragon proccessor for the battery drain when 3g is on but on previous MIUI versions it was stable.
So, any thought or suggestions?? Anyone else experience that??

Screenshot_2013-05-18-19-06-11.png Screenshot_2013-05-18-19-06-21.png

There is a lot of active time. I would seek for the cause in some program you installed. Still it is strange. Could you provide a random 2hr fragment of your battery use? Also which power profile are you using?

Hi jmp, thank you for your answer.
I don't have any consuming apps installed for sure, and i'm using Normal profile always.
How can i export a 2hr fragment from my battery stats?

just take the photo with the graph after 2 hours the charger has been disconnected. I want to take a look to the awake time of the phone since I believe it is waking up frequently but just for some seconds, so it doesn't show up in the 8 hours graph.
How is the signal reception in your area? 3g under low reception is a battery hog.

Thank you, i'll do that after charging.
Actually the reception is great, there is my providers antennas inside my office building, so the reception is full all the time.
I've installed WIUI just now couse people say it has better battery performance, will test it.

Thank you again.

1elf1 hi

I am israel user too and i have same problem, what is your email , i can contact you and we will compare batteries drain.

Thanks

Itzik

it seems that the reception signals are not constant even at the screen capture you can see
you can use juice defender and triger the 3g data for 5 min interval you will get X3 times more battery
other then that change company that support 2g or use wifi while during office..

Well after installing WIUI its seems stable for now, i'm ending the day with around 50 percent :D

I find it really bizarre how incomprehensible and immense the battery drain is on MIUI/WIUI whilst being on 3G w/ data on.

While I was using stock, 3G w/ data on would deliver the same battery results as MIUI/WIUI on 2G w/ data on.

BTW in israel my providers 3g frequency is 850, and i heard than many other israeli users experience the same battery drain while on 3g with data on.
Our problem is that the carrier doesn't have a 2g network.

BTW in israel my providers 3g frequency is 850, and i heard than many other israeli users experience the same battery drain while on 3g with data on.
Our problem is that the carrier doesn't have a 2g network.

So go to carrier GolanTelecom ......:)

For the Israeli users,

After installing WIUI i got stable battery life on HOT Mobile, some weird stuff going on with Miui....

I would install gsam battery monitor for a few hours
Its free on the play store. Then take a look at the processes and wake locks. A quick Google should remedy the situation. You should be able to identify the culprit. Its probably a rogue app.

Sent from my MI 2S using Tapatalk 2

I can also confirm that. Usually I use my Mi2 really intensiv and have at the end of the day around 20% battery left. Now with 3.5.17 I have the whole week usually 5% and less. But the good thing, it is nearly weekend :)