mi2 can't hear contact/contact can't hear me during call

Discussion in 'Xiaomi Mi 2 / Mi 2S' started by Ch3ckmate, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Ch3ckmate

Ch3ckmateMembers

Dec 23, 2013
    Male
    Schilde
    this came up recently, when i call a person i can hear them pick up but after a while i can't hear them anymore, nor can they hear me. when i turn on my speakers i still can't hear them. Microphone still works (made a recording to test) and my speakers still work (can play music through them) also, when i end the call i hear the ending "beep" through my front speaker so those should still be active as well. could it be my SIM card or anything? I don't know...or a software issue? I read something about upgrading the radio and I was wondering if it could have anything to do with that, anyways, I'm currently stuck. Rebooting the phone allows me to make 1-2 more calls without problems then the problem reoccurs, very strange. I'm on the latest MIUIandroid ROM, I have the problem since 3 updates ago (approx).

dalinks likes this.
  2. _jordan_

_jordan_Members

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    That's strange, I don't have any bugs like that, and I'm also on the miuiandroid version.

If you think the problem is rom related, you could try installing the.latest stable, official rom, & comparing the call quality.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

3. phani

phaniMembers

May 26, 2013
    Male
    Secunderabad
    Flash the radio from the thread, Try 3.2.8 if it doesn't work try another radio, and keep on trying all other radios

4. rqdb

rqdbMembers

Jun 17, 2013
  5. Ch3ckmate

Ch3ckmateMembers

Dec 23, 2013
    Male
    Schilde
    I recognize this indeed, i really hope it's not an HW issue, it'd be strange since i can play music immediately after no speakers function during a call...was thinking of another SIM, you tried? Not gonna flash down to 4.0, but instead going to wait 'til 4.3 comes out, hope that resolves everything.

your issue started immediately after you had the phone, I have the issue since a certain update, which I think is strange...ah well

6. _jordan_

_jordan_Members

Oct 13, 2012
    Male
    @ the op.

Do you have an mi2 or an mi2s?

Sent from my Xiaomi MI2S

7. Ch3ckmate

Ch3ckmateMembers

Dec 23, 2013
    Male
    Schilde
    mi2

8. rqdb

rqdbMembers

Jun 17, 2013
    It started few weeks after but I can't remerber when. Other sim didn't solve the problem; I guess it comes from V5 rom because it doesn't exist on V4. Unfortunatly all we can do is waiting.

9. Redbean

RedbeanMembers

Jul 19, 2013
    Male
    I feel you. I think many m2/m2s owner have such problem, including me.
    Hopefully someone can reach xiaomi and ask for a solution.

10. Ch3ckmate

Ch3ckmateMembers

Dec 23, 2013
    Male
    Schilde
    so definetly not the only one? that's..."good" news actually :)

11. Larry1018

Larry1018Members

Jan 18, 2014
    Male
    Yeah I can hear people when they call me, they just can't hear me. Even when I try recording to make sure it's not the speaker it says "your phone has been muted". how do I fix this.?

12. lazaroj32

lazaroj32Members

Mar 22, 2014
    Did you get it right?
    I have the same issue.

13. cmadencan

cmadencanMembers

Jan 28, 2013
    Male
    Turkey
    Go to settings > sound > noise supp. and select noise supp disable(or one mic noise supp.).. its all ):

14. lazaroj32

lazaroj32Members

Mar 22, 2014
    Sorry, it's not a noise cancelling issue. Tried this already, but didn't help. Tried it again, but same result: no voice recording whatsoever.

But thanks anyway. Any other suggestions?
    Or would it be HW related?

Share Our Site