MI2 constantly shutdown hardware problem?

Bombermath

Members
Feb 27, 2013
Hello,

It started around one week ago and seems to get worse and worse.
For some reason, my phone constantly shutdown after a few minutes/seconds of use. The time is very variable and this happens even when the battery meter shows 60% or more.
It's not a clean shudown as the one you have when you power off, here, the screen just go black, the same way as if you just hot remove the battery.
My phone is not yet 2 years old, the battery mfg date is Dec. 2012 and I'm surprised it died already. Anyway, I ordered a new battery in case of!
When it shutdown like this, if I try to switch it on again, in the best case it loads miui and stop again after a few sec or just stop during the loading. Only plugging a charger and start again works.

It really looks that there is a problem with the battery but it's always 60% or more so I really do not understand.

Any idea to solve this?

Thank you in advance

Mat

This is a complicated problem . If your battery can be charged to full ,then it may not be battery problem . Maybe it is software problem .Just have a try to upgrade the the system or upgrade ROM . I bought a xiaomi m2 last January and it needs charging always .If I connect to wifi , it needs charging in about 1 hour .But I after I upgraded the system ,this problem disappeared soon . Please don't worry

This is a complicated problem . If your battery can be charged to full ,then it may not be battery problem . Maybe it is software problem .Just have a try to upgrade the the system or upgrade ROM . I bought a xiaomi m2 last January and it needs charging always .If I connect to wifi , it needs charging in about 1 hour .But I after I upgraded the system ,this problem disappeared soon . Please don't worry
It still can be battery problem. Diagnostic circuits can be faulty. Trying another battery is best way to sort out most probable problem.

Thank you for this replies.

Yes, the battery can be fully charged, well, at least until the 100% written on screen.
I updated the system to the last MIUI version this morning with the hope this was the problem but it seems it's not.
I have Cyanogen on the 2nd system and it seems the problem is there too.

I ordered a new battery, let's try!
But it's true that when I use the car powered phone as GPS and drive a long time, the battery become damn hot sometime!
Even if I really love the phone, 2 years life for a battery really sucks! Hopefully, it's replaceable!

Mat

Is there any log or something written by android system in which the shutdown cause could be logged in case it would be software related.

Is there any log or something written by android system in which the shutdown cause could be logged in case it would be software related.

Dmesg,btw what you describing here often happens when processors voltage is to low,try flashing kernel with voltage control and raise it up global for 0.025-0.1V

Thanks, I'll try Dmesg if possible to log as my phone will not stop when USB powered.

Btw, I noticed that after a MIUI shutdown, sometime, CM boot without problem and is usable for quite a long time which is strange assuming the battery is empty.
So what I did is boot in Recovery (which doesn't seem to care a lot on the battery level) and let it completely empty the battery until it's not possible to start the phone any more.
When done, I did a full charge from 0% to 100% and the result seemed quite better as I could use my phone until 30% on MIUI then reboot on CM which strangely showed 1% during nearly 45min usage.
Did this one more time last night and seems OK until now.
Let's see if that solved the problem!

I have the exact same problem. If you find a solution please post it here, I would like to know if a new battery solve your problem. Thanks!

I received the new battery today and didn't try it yet!
But I will continue a little with the old one because it seems that what I did :
_ Full discharge (in recovery)
_ Full charge
_ Normal use until it switch off then again
_ Full charge
3 or 4 times solved the problem and now I can use my phone as before from 100% to 0-5%
Just try this too and post your results here to help the community.
If it continues to work for me, I'll just keep the 2nd battery as a spare for the day this one really die!

And I suspect the cheap car adapter I use did the problem

Reactions: geko95gek
I received the new battery today and didn't try it yet!
But I will continue a little with the old one because it seems that what I did :
_ Full charge
_ Full charge
3 or 4 times solved the problem and now I can use my phone as before from 100% to 0-5%
Just try this too and post your results here to help the community.
If it continues to work for me, I'll just keep the 2nd battery as a spare for the day this one really die!

And I suspect the cheap car adapter I use did the problem
I solved the issue by uninstalling one by one all the apps I installed just before the problem started. And it seems that WSM tools was the problem, maybe I installed it in the wrong way, but after I deleted it the phone stopped from shutting down by itself.