Mi2 Phone - stock rom backup

Dec 18, 2012
Hey Guys

I wanted to flash the latest miuiandroid rom onto my Mi2 phone. I just got it today.
Just to be sure, I wanted to make a backup of the original ROM. If anything goes wrong, I can still flash the original rom.

Is there anyone that knows how to make a .zip file (of whatever the extension of a full rom is) from your current rom?

----------------------------------------------

Second question:

The stock MIUI rom that comes with the Mi2 phone, can I just apply a MiuiAndroid rom as an update? Or do I have to do a full system whipe first?

I hope you understand the question..

Kind regards and thank you alot :)

Matthias

Seems stupid, but I think I found a way on the forums. If there is any other way (besides using clockwork app), let me know.

"There is an option to do a "nandroid" backup. This backup copies your /system and various partitions into a huge image file, in which you can reflash in can of an error. If you are nervous about any part of this process. I highly recommend doing this. Simply from the home of recovery mode. Click "backup and restore", then click "Backup". The system will be back-ed up. This takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes (depending on size of phone & apps)."

Seems stupid, but I think I found a way on the forums. If there is any other way (besides using clockwork app), let me know.

"There is an option to do a "nandroid" backup. This backup copies your /system and various partitions into a huge image file, in which you can reflash in can of an error. If you are nervous about any part of this process. I highly recommend doing this. Simply from the home of recovery mode. Click "backup and restore", then click "Backup". The system will be back-ed up. This takes anywhere from 5-15 minutes (depending on size of phone & apps)."
This will not work!!
Because you need to cwm recovery for that. Which is not available for mi 2

By the way don't worry about the stock ROM. You can always download that from MIUI website.
But if you are concern with your data and applications then it's a different case.

hadron

Sent from my Xiaomi M2