Mi2 - Wireless Charging Project

It would't be dangerous but again, the current is just not enought....
My best advice is to wait that the QI technology will evolve a little.

The maximum intensity i've seen on qi recevers is about 500 mah. This is too low to use the phone at the same time but it works nicely for some use ( slow charging next to the bed at night, on your desk at your work location...).

Standard wall chargers from famous phone brands usually delivers about 850-1000 mah , maybe a bit more.

Some "special" fast charger delivers more (up to 2000 mah), but the phone has to negociate the higher power input and not all phones can beneficiate from that extra power.

Note that most Qi chargers delivers up to 1000 mah of "output power" but we have to consider the efficiency of the wireless charging system.
I can see on chinese chargers description "more than 75% efficiency" but cannot tell if they talk about the process inside the charger (75% of input power "passing trought the air" that has to be "received" and eventually converted by the receiver) or the total system efficiency (75% of input power "passing trought the air", "received" and converted if needed).
Edit: Anyway this doesn't change the porblem source: receivers that cannot give more than 500 mah.

Please be nice to my non native english spelling :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1elf1
Edit: wrong post. I'm just silently following this topic :)

Last edited:
Pierre Potonnier

You're completely right. The QI technology haven't evolved enough to Charge and Use the phone at the same time.
Also i wouldn't recommend placing the QI charger aside of your bed, it still has magnetic field...