Mi2S 32Gb or Mi2A 16Gb or second hand iPhone 4s 16Gb?

Toma Waszarow

Members
Jun 9, 2013
Hi,

Probably it's not a clever question, but I never used smartphone (I was aware of it), but now I have to get some because it's already a must have stuff in my work...

And I'm not sure this question is for this forum and this topic, but I don't know other place to ask people that know what is Xiaomi.

I need a smartphone in order to communicate in facebook and others, browse in internet, and to edit some word and excel documents, maybe some picture/video editing in a mobile conditions and maybe to check when the tram is coming. Probably when I'll have it I'll find some other uses, but one is sure: I don't play games and I won't play in future.

Other things important for me: long battery life, strong build, quick response and fast enough to run smoothly the application SHOT DESIGNER.

I don't care a lot for the photos quality, because I have good camera separate.

My budget: 250-350 EUR

After reading around I found Xiaomi. And also I liked the option with the second big battery (3000) that makes it fat with 2mm.

About the phones:
------
Xiaomi Mi2/2s 32Gb
Price: ~410 EUR (with 3100mh battery, protector, ears and case)
This looks like the rocket of the phones and meets probably all my criteria. The bad is the price (~400 EUR). Well, If i have to, I'll get it. Maybe for a person like me it's too much, because I don't play games.
------
Xiaomi MI2A
Price: ~300EUR. (with protector, ears and case)
Probably this is the best like for me, because it's cheaper and still fast enough (maybe). The only problems are the 16Gb only version and the missing of the big battery option. I'm not sure if I need 32Gb? I heard from people (especially iPhone users) they use a lot the cloud storage for data... What do you think? I also found in the comments at ibuygou.com that they expect from Xiaomi big battery for 2A too.
------
iPhone 4S (second hand) 32Gb
Price: 280-300 EUR (and ~60EUR more for battery case)
Most of the people I work with have iPhone and for them as expected it's a religion. I'm not that kind of maniac, but all my devices in the office and at home are Apple devices. So, from that point maybe the iPhone will communicate with Mac OS in a better way than Android, but I really don't know. What do you think?
I don't know what I'm going to miss something if I go with the Android phone?

The bad thing about the iPhone 4S: it's pretty old, it has just 800Mhz dual core processor and only 512RAM. So maybe in the close future it will be very slow for some apps. The mentioned SHOT DESIGNER runs, but not very smooth. And also it's... second hand - a lot of risks coming out of this. And as I know it's not very useful if you want to use it as a data transfer device and the apps are not free, but very useful.

I heard that iPhone 5 is not so well build like 4S and if you put in in your pocket it can die... That's why I'm not looking there.
-----

Thank you for reading all this Hamlet style "literature" and if you're still here, thank you in advance for your advices.

take the iPhone. If you are not a Smartphone User this is the easiest device and for what you need it for the iPhone 4S will still be good enough in 10 years. PLUS the Ram and MHZ has nothing to say. An iOS is so optimised that it runs as smooth as an Xiaomi Mi2s.

Thank you so much for this advice and your time. Once I was an intense linux user that's why I was curious about the Android..

Looking at mails, Facebook and some minimal on the go appery?

MI2A all the way. You can get it for 260 Euro from Sernad over at trading-shenzen.

The iPhone thing would do it too for your case but I don't know how happy you would be with it in the long run, that's a matter of preference I think.

As for MI2, if you are a business man and need it for work like me it's gold because of the big battery and the great battery runtime it has.

About 350 Euro for the highest capacity model if you order at trading-shenzen.

Gesendet von meinem MI 2 mit Tapatalk 4

If you need it to just work, get the iPhone.
If you are inclined to be ironing out small annoyances and checking the Web to see if you're problem is only you or everyone then android is fine, this phone (xiaomi) is a darn good android too.

I don't mind the rom updates etc, some people may be better of with the apple way and to be fair they have awesome support.

Oh and with xiaomi aside from being cheaper, you can of course have a spare battery!

Toma Waszarow

Only if you need for an specific application you should get an iPhone, otherwise you must get an MI2 even the 16Gb version. The freedom that you find only in Android is priceless. The customization, the mod's that in iPhone you can do parcially with an Jailbreak and if by acident you upgrade say goodbye to your "freedom".

Thank you! I just had meeting with the 4-th person trying to sell a second hand iPhone 4s. Locked again... I'll go with the MI2A. Thank you - your advices were very useful for me.

I'm glad we were able to help you. I'm sure you won't regret it. My whole family is packed with MI2 phones by now and that's simply because they are so high quality.

Reactions: dextructor
I got my Xiaomi devices from him. He is reliable and fast.