Suggestion: Backup calling on second sim data plan

manudas

Members
Apr 16, 2019
Hi team, hi community!

There is a nice feature on iPhones, some Samsungs and Google Pixels that consist on using the data plan on the second Sim (if the phone is dual sim) to connect to VoWifi/VoLTE throughout that internet connection. I believe that iPhones do a kind of internal wifi-bridging or something like that. This is called in some devices Backup calling.

If that were possible to be added to next releases, it would be great for people living overseas that want to avoid high roaming costs when calling with the first sims. There was a Xposed module that supposedly faked the cellular data as WIFI, but this doesn't seems to work for making the phone to connect to VoWifi.

I don't know if this is in your hands, as for example SIP configuration was removed from Phone configuration and I don't think this had anything to do with you. This was also a very nice feature.

I would love to make something like this, but unfortunately my skills on Android are quite reduced, so that I leave it here as a suggestion if any other developer in this forum likes this as a nice next feature to add.

Thank you for your time