Mi2s 8/13mp Camera?

Hi,

Very interesting question. Actually, the 32GB version of the Mi2s has a 13MP camera (with a worst aperture if i remember correctly) and the 16GB version has a 8MP camera. Are the camera modules interchangeable without any problem ? What about the software : is a 13MP camera module on a Mi2S 16Gb recognized correctly and can take 13MP resolution photos ?
If someone could ansewer, this would be helpful.
Thanks in advance.

Probably no one tested that. 16gb version of Mi2s was very rare. Most people today owns 32gb versions. In theory yes. The camera could be replaced.

Wysłane z MI Note

Yes, I have tried both modules on my mi2s 32gb. Both works without problems. I preferred 8mpx one because of its faster lens, better low light photos

Yes, I have tried both modules on my mi2s 32gb. Both works without problems. I preferred 8mpx one because of its faster lens, better low light photos

Thanks a lot. Probably I will get 13MP camera for free and try to change my 8MP camera.

Is there any place one could buy a 8mp camera? Have 2 mi2s (32gb) atm; one in use and other one waiting on a replacement screen might as well drop a 8mp in there just to see how it responds ... :p

I remember testing it back when i first bought both models together. I eventually kept the 16GB Model due to the responsiveness of the cam.