MI2S - HELP! I cannot write/delete anything :(

thugzie

Members
Feb 29, 2012
Hi,
i have a huge problem with my MI2s.. i have installed a gps map app and since then I cannot delete anything from the internal memory (I can install or uninstall apps though) trough file manager, root manager etc.. Camera doesn't save photos and videos, OTA update to the lastest miui also doesn't work (error during download) There is over 2 gb left on the memory.
I tried to fix the permissions (trough rom manger) but after a while it stops (but is changing some permisions from " " to rwxr-xr-r) and I cannot do ANYTHING to change it..
it looks like whole card and file system was read only..
is my phone broken or sth? please help me with this...

I have the same problem again... Cache isnt helping.. What i can do? Please help...

Wysłane z mojego MI 2S przy użyciu Tapatalk 4

Connect your phone to adb shell and run "mount" command. This will list all mounted partitions with its current permissions (like ro, rw).
The /system is always ro but maybe others are ro. If yes then you can try to mount those partitions to rw doing this code:
Code:
su
and then
Code:
mount -o rw,remount /partition_name
Where you put partition_name like "/storage/sdcard0" or "/cache"

After Mount i got this:

u0_a92@android:/ $ su
u0_a92@android:/ # mount
rootfs / rootfs ro,relatime 0 0
tmpfs /dev tmpfs rw,nosuid,relatime,mode=755 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,relatime,mode=600 0 0
proc /proc proc rw,relatime 0 0
sysfs /sys sysfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /acct cgroup rw,relatime,cpuacct 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/asec tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
tmpfs /mnt/obb tmpfs rw,relatime,mode=755,gid=1000 0 0
debugfs /sys/kernel/debug debugfs rw,relatime 0 0
none /dev/cpuctl cgroup rw,relatime,cpu 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/system /system ext4 ro,relatime,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata /data ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/cache /cache ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/persist /persist ext4 rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/modem /firmware vfat ro,relatime,fmask=0133,dmask=0000,allow_utime=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1,shortname=mixed,errors=remount-ro 0 0
/dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/storage /storage_int ext4 ro,nosuid,nodev,relatime,noauto_da_alloc,data=ordered 0 0
/dev/fuse /storage/sdcard0 fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1023,group_id=1023,default_permissions,allow_other 0 0

What should i do next?

I am using terminal emulator on my mi2.. Is it ok?

Hm seems ok here. So the problem might be in permissions.
Why not backup your data and just use MiFlash? This will wipe all your device and flash stock rom (or miuiandroid if you want).
This should work.

Thanks for replying.
I cannot make a backup AS i have read only :( miui backup skips all the APP data with 0kb next to Every APP.... I will try to do it trough cwm.

Well.. after first wipe it was all the same :( I did 2nd wipe and then restored all my settings trough miui backup and it was ok for few hours :(
I think that the problem might the camera app - after I launch it and make 1-2 photos, it suddenly stops showing preview of the new photo at the bottom left side (that means that it cannot write to internal memory) I cannot also clear the cache of the camera app in any way...
any help? it is very very frustrating..

Suddenly I got the same issue and I'm clueless about what should I do next. I also tried format it and did full wipe a couple of times but still didn't work.