mi2s unable to root or to update to development version

urish

Members
Apr 26, 2014
Hi,

I got my mi2s 3 days ago (from aliexpress). when i inserted my SIM card, the device was pointing "no service" and i notice that when i try to do "settings" or any other application, the application closes immediately with no warnings.

so, i contacted my carrier, and the answer was "no supported" (of-coarse...)

since then, i am trying to gain root access or flash any other ROM using lots of methods, but, no success.

the situation now is:

1. my pc detects the mi2s correctly.
2. i can do adb to the device.
3. can not do fastboot (fastboot devices does not recognize any device although the driver is installed from android sdk)
4. the recovery tool in the "android recovery 3<e>" and does not find the update.zip i copied to the sdcard.
5. the updater of MIUI closes immediately when i choose any zip file to install.
6. MiFlash does not recognize the device.

pretty much exhausted .... :-(

any one has any idea?

i attached some screen shots.

thanks,

DSC_0953.jpg

DSC_0954.jpg

DSC_0955.jpg

DSC_0956.jpg

it seems genuine... no?

This is a standard version of millet phone 2S 32GB White
  • Receiving Area:Shenzhen, Guangdong
  • Order time:2013-09-24 16:53:14
    As described receiving information does not match with your personal information, please confirm whether the official channels of the purchase.

It's fake because mi2s hasn't got this recovery and his processor is snapdragon 600, not mtk. Be careful next time. If it was mi2s, it would update to new stable or developer version of MIUI. Sorry for you(

Отправлено с моего MI 2S через Tapatalk

It's obvious fake phone. Nothing can be done. No updates. No nothing. You can use this phone as a stand under cup of coffee or return it to seller.

Wysłane z MI3

Well let's hope you've learned your lesson (the hard way). When something looks to good to be true it probably isn't true. The 16GB version isn't even 230$ as far as I know.

Also, one more advice, do not buy expensive stuff on Aliexpress, there are a lot of Chinese scammers on that website. Just use eBay with PayPal protection. At least then you're sure of your money.