Mi3 Serius Drain Problem

metelito

Members
Feb 6, 2015
Hi guys.. i want to share my story with my mi3 please listen i need some help.
I had my mi3 for more than 5 months, until suddenly closed and never opened again(i tried EVERYTHING) i send it back to service they fix it by changing the mainboard, BUT when i received my mi3 back it has extremely fast battery drain, my mi3 cant handle more than 2hour screen on time(with cleared installed rom without any program/ also i tried many roms clearly installed) i have tried many times calibration apks i have tried full discharge/charge battery cycle, every time the battery life was the same...some times the battery falls from 14% to 10% immediately..so anyway i said is the battery and I CHANGED the battery with a new one..
GUESS WHAT..again screen on time maximum 2-3hours WITHOUT using it a lot only some sms/phone calls..
WTF i have to do now? what can cause the problem whaaaaat? when i bought my mi3 the battery life with heavy using it was 5-6hours screen on time, and now faiiiill..
what can i do? please tell me what i have to CHANGE again..
Maybe it is the antena that draining battery? because some times i have bad signal so is trying to find signal..(before many months when the phone was brand new i didnt have never problems with my signal)
what can i do?

What to do:
1) search if anyone hasn't had the same problem already
2) only if you would find nothing, open new thread for your issue

This was discussed here thousand times. (an app called Wakelock detector).

I said with clear installed rom..so WITHOUT any apk inside..and of course everything closed(sync off,gps off,brightness 40%auto)
I also tried with the original rom, with your rom and with greece miui rom..all the same.
I didnt find solution thats why im asking as you can see i already send it back 1 time i already changed the battery..

No point to repeat it.

If you want to find a solution, then install Wakelock detector. You won't find what causes this battery drain otherwise.

what can cause this drain when nothing is installed..
i will check it and i will post pictures here

You still do not understand, system includes many apps in itself so it plays no role that you haven't installed a single app yet. With this handy app we can find a culprit.

When you install it, go to settings and check Advanced mode. Then leave it for an hour or so and then post printscreens.

It looks like those technicians of yours screwed up something in your phone. If it is a software, we will see it in Wd.

i know what you saying but.. i had exactly the same usage before many months and my battery lasts more than 6hour screen on time, but now the maximum is 2:30 hours with the same usage or less..
anyway check some pictures from this day:
Screenshot_2015-02-08-01-17-04.png Screenshot_2015-02-08-01-17-18.png Screenshot_2015-02-08-01-17-30.png
maybe you see to much LINE but believe me i had more than 6h screen on time with more usage and more gaming.
btw many times i receive message for missing calls and i always have 2 or more signal lines i dont know why..

Check the three first items. You can click on it to see details.

Post details of:
Android system
Google play services

Also some times my battery droped from 15% to 10% imediately
I did calibrations with many aps..i changed my battery with a new one but still i have this.. :/

5% awake is not a problem, i mean, i usually have 10% and batttery is lasting about 24hs with 5hs screen on

Yes, we discussed that already. I do not see nothing serious about the drainage you have. You wrote that you had a clean installation and all sync is off, but you actually had not. There's yahoo, some Line, NFC, Weather... on your list.

Do a clean installation one more time (you could try 4.7.4) and do not restore any backup for our testing reason. So no yahoo mail, no NFC and I do not know what that Line is but I do not recollect that I had it in Miui. Is it something you have installed? Than leave it like this for two days and check Wakelock detector and post the results and also your screen stats. That's all.

Also I would recommend App quarantine and freeze all necessary services and apps. I had a better results with Xiaomi framework freezed, but it depends on whether you use it or not, (for me was this service redundant and also is responsible for sending texts to England without explicit user's consent (there's a thread for it). Be aware that without this framework you won't be able to use Xiaomi cloud.)
And if you really want to test it you could try it without Gapps, but again it only depends on whether you use apps from Google which needs Google services running.

And by the way do you use performance profile?

Last edited:
Now im using my apk.. Thats why you see Line yahoo.. But even without these my drain was almost the same..
Also like i said some times i have drops from 15% to 10% or from 18 to 15.. I tried many calibrate apks nothing worked
Yes im rooted.

me having the same problem. suddenly battery drain very fast not knowing why. am try the wakelock detector now

Reactions: metelito
I have tried every calibration tool on play store.. Always I have high drain, many times from 13% goes to 9% immediately..some times the phone closes at 4% and when I enter the charger it says 0%..
This is new battery but with the oldone I had the same problem.
I'm afraid a motherboard issue but it's not logical...I don't know what I can do
I tried everything with clean installed rom after format without any application installed with all sync GPS off, always the same results never more than 2h or 3h screen on time...
I can't think if it's not the battery what is the problem