Mi3 WCDMA news and updates

dec simons

Members
Apr 3, 2013
I am one of the first ones probably that managed to buy MI3 WCDMA device (managed to buy on 24 Dec). I will get my hands on it next week as it is being brought in by my friend from China, I would like to know how I can install Developer Version or at least root the phone. It looks like we cannot use TD version ROM that is regularly updated here and also on en.miui (look at this post http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/help-me.23184/#post-193061).

• Any suggestions on how we can root? Does vRoot that is used for Hangomi work for Mi3?
  • Any insights on when we can expect developer versions?
  • Finally, any info on when we can expect 4.3 for Mi3?

I googled for all all three questions above with have had no luck.

Lets keep this thread to share info related to Mi3 WCDMA version updates. Thanks.

/Simons

Last edited:
GOD with you... WCDMA version was released only 31.12...

Dev ROM will be available tomorrow (4.3 probably) but untested as we doesn't have this device yet...

Reactions: dec simons
I am one of the first ones probably that managed to buy MI3 WCDMA device (managed to buy on 15 Dec). I will get my hands on it next week as it is being brought in by my friend from China, I would like to know how I can install Developer Version or at least root the phone. It looks like we cannot use TD version ROM that is regularly updated here and also on en.miui (look at this post http://xiaomi.eu/community/threads/help-me.23184/#post-193061).

• Any suggestions on how we can root? Does vRoot that is used for Hangomi work for Mi3?
  • Any insights on when we can expect developer versions?
  • Finally, any info on when we can expect 4.3 for Mi3?

I googled for all all three questions above with have had no luck.

Lets keep this thread to share info related to Mi3 WCDMA version updates. Thanks.

/Simons

Thats scary because the WDCMA version of Xiaomi M3 was just release on december 31st.
I am afraid your friend is bringing you a Tegra version of it.

Nopes, it's WCDMA and it's 64gb. I just double checked on Xiaomi site where I placed the order.

qude5uqa.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This doesnt mean that if you have that CPU you will get LTE out of the box. There was no LTE in MI-3 from beginning.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I also made a quick unbox and review, for whoever is interested:

Thanks for the review, few points to take:
It's not a gorilla glass 3, and the name pronounced "shawmi", like show me, but with an a.

Sent from my HTC One X

hey made also an UNBOX

Reactions: dp4u4umi6ev
Now it is ready the final review

Gesendet von meinem MI 3W mit Tapatalk

Reactions: hvung1982