Mi4 Lte Mobile Data Usage And Battery Drain Problem

ToMo73

Members
Jan 18, 2014
Hi all,

I'm having problem with my new Mi4 LTE. From two days ago all of sudden I got big battery drain. Then I didn't realized that this is (IMO) form mobile data usage until I got message from my provider that I used all of my data volume. Yesterday and today I watched my mobile data usage and in afternoon it started again. In these three days I lost about 3 GB. Most of the day it is OK, and then all of sudden it begins to transfer something. Mi Account is set to sync WLAN only. Yesterday when I noticed it that it started again I tried to reboot device and it uses data again after reboot, and no active applications (no apps in recents when I press menu, left bottom button).

Which setting should I look into and what could it be? I cannot afford to loose so much data volume and need mobile data connection.

Thanks!

edit: form yesterday I'm on 5.9.17, I updated MIUI hopping that it could resolve problem, but it is same as before.

I have reported this bug several times but nobody seems to care about that. It's related to google apps. Uninstall google keyboard (use SwiftKey) and limit gmail sync

Reactions: ToMo73
I think Gmail sync is already limited. Thanks for tip for Google keyboard, will try. The keyboard is no match to SwiftKey which I used on Mi2s, it already started to annoy me... ;)

Will report back.

Hi,

I can report back that yesterday when I disabled Google Keyboard and started back to use SwiftKey everything was fine, no unwanted mobile data usage. So claudiok thank you very much again!

I still don't get it why and on what keyboard uses 3 Gb data in 3 days... :(

Unfortunately I must report that this problem appeared again, despite Google Keyboard disabled (tip form claudiok). It is not so much data, it is slower transfer (5-40 kb/s), but it has eaten 700 Mb of my data. What now to do, is it solved in recent MIUI updates?